Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

We are gonna miss the late week deal to the south, and the next week storm will rain here, while NW of fall line folks get snow. Book it. B)

That would be a very nina-ish result (snowhole), would it not? Would love to get in on one of those storms, but...as long as we have something to track beyond that...I can be okay with it, lol

25 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

So i'm curious would you have been able to write that up WITHOUT the slightly west of ideal part? Asking for Ji

If you READ the post... the point is WITH a block that ridge location is TOTALLY FINE.  Maybe "Ji" should stop combing through my posts to pick out words that when taken out of context can be misconstrued as negative.  

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Agreed. Standard caveat is that folks should always have low expectations going into this and be happy with what we get. To see this in a La Nina pattern is pretty amazing. 

It sure is nice to not be looking at just a 5-7 day window here.  That D13 EPS panel basically looks the same at D15 and we have 2-3 threats to track in a very good pattern just through D10.  The law of averages increases my expectations more than usual here.  Although, I do have the ability to happily go about my normal life if we do fail.  Id rather alter my perspective and enjoy the highs of expectations....its just snow. (ducks)

• Like 1

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

That would be a very nina-ish result (snowhole), would it not? Would love to get in on one of those storms, but...as long as we have something to track beyond that...I can take it, lol

Yeah I am not hunting a KU over the next 10 days. No snow yet here this winter and barely an inch last winter- just want some snow.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Eps looks solid for 12th.

Because of what Ji said, if we lost we can get as high as a 3rd pick in a really good draft. If we win we can fall to as low as 10

Atlanta is locked in at 3. Bengals are ahead of you.  Best you can do is 5- IF Texans beat Tenn. otherwise you are 6 with a loss. 

• Confused 1

folks it simply does not want to snow in our region.....this is what we get for having 2010, the storm of 2011, the winters of 2013-14, 14-15 and the 40 inch blizzard of 2016. It will probably snow here again but it may be much longer than you can imagine

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

That shortwave in Quebec just suppresses the flow. It’s moved about 300 miles south over the last 3 runs.

Wasn't it two years ago that a pv filament or extension suppressed a snowstorm to Virginia and North Carolina.  We were originally thinking a foot around here.  And that was pretty much it for the winter. A real bummer.  

12 minutes ago, Ji said:

phasing is going to occur just west of England on that run

It was trending that way for a few runs...but the 12z overcame the further south H5 track with a more potent surface system...but if you look at the last 24 hours of runs there is a clear trend south with the upper low track.  That NS SW is diving down WAY too far east to do us any good at all.  But there are a lot of moving parts still and they will go through some changes still.  We need the flow over the top to relax just a bit and get the NS to dive in further west.  

12 minutes ago, Ji said:

folks it simply does not want to snow in our region.....this is what we get for having 2010, the storm of 2011, the winters of 2013-14, 14-15 and the 40 inch blizzard of 2016. It will probably snow here again but it may be much longer than you can imagine

If you are referring to the "were due index" we already paid the piper for those good years...the bad ones in the last 11 years actually already neutralized the snow means to the point where if we don't get a decent total this year we will end up below the long term averages from BEFORE 2010.  

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic