• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

@WxUSAF I would like to see a few less SWs flying around. That one in the 4 corners this week really hurts the wave spacing for Friday. The multiple waves next week makes the 12th tricky. In the end I doubt they all get suppressed but it’s probably making it harder for guidance to key on what to amplify. We likely won’t get a super long track storm with all these waves running interference with one another. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@WxUSAF I would like to see a few less SWs flying around. That one in the 4 corners this week really hurts the wave spacing for Friday. The multiple waves next week makes the 12th tricky. In the end I doubt they all get suppressed but it’s probably making it harder for guidance to key on what to amplify. We likely won’t get a super long track storm with all these waves running interference with one another. 

Yeah I said I liked the 12th and then more of the 12z guidance shears it out. Lots of options coming up and feeling pretty good that we get one and probably multiple events.

18 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

And this is the chaos part I don't like...because you don't know what's gonna be a favorable interaction and an unfavorable one...and or if one interaction happens at the right time or the wrong time...dang it, lol

The real wildcard is the rogue vort over se Canada that splits off and then rotates south. All the models had that piece today except the Ukie. It can go extremely well like the para and you get a full on phase, or crappy like cmc and euro where it’s late and kind of slingshots it east. We’re 6 days out right now. No where close to a solution

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic