Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

17 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

6z GFS- Para ends up riding up coast late Friday. NOVA looks to do well according to the run. Don’t know if the ridging out west is where we want it. Maybe someone can comment on that.

Ridge axis not as important here as the storm makes its phase at our latitude under a strong block. We’re hoping that the block doesn’t suppress the SW. the ridge out west is flat but the confluence to the north makes it unlikely to cut. Normally for a GOM low that phases early, wed want the west coast ridge axis to be through Idaho for allow for enough spacing and deepening of the trough so that the NS and SS merge and form our KU. Anyone else want to add

14 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

6z GFS- Para ends up riding up coast late Friday. NOVA looks to do well according to the run. Don’t know if the ridging out west is where we want it. Maybe someone can comment on that.

Its a good evolution for most of the area. The key to getting a good outcome(vs a closed low rolling eastward to our south) seems to be the degree of interaction with that NS piece of energy dropping south out of Canada.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Its a good evolution for most of the area. The key to getting a good outcome(vs a closed low rolling eastward to our south) seems to be the degree of interaction with that NS piece of energy dropping south out of Canada.

Hitting it from behind is the key..not on top...euro hit it from top last night..no bueno

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

For 6 days out that looks pretty good to me.

Appears to me the weak solutions slide. The stronger lows ride. Makes complete sense thus why we have been saying weak sauce likely won't cut it with this one and we actually want a propertly timed phase. Still time...mixed solutions still attm.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Appears to me the weak solutions slide. The stronger lows ride. Makes complete sense thus why we have been saying weak sauce likely won't cut it with this one and we actually want a propertly timed phase. Still time...mixed solutions still attm.

Basically every storm the last several weeks has trended  further NW than modeled. 

Maybe that trend stops with the blocking that's being modeled but I wouldn't count on it.

It  seems blocking / confluence is overmodeled a good bit.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic