Most Online
    feyt
    Newest Member
    feyt

Christmas Eve Mega Front Disco/Obs

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Temp dropped to 28 . Radar looks promising to the west 

Someone in N.Va probably gets 1-2" I bet 

Yeah that Fredericksburg area must be getting some really good snow right now. Need that to start making progress north. 

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah that Fredericksburg area must be getting some really good snow right now. Need that to start making progress north. 

Is it supposed to move north?  I thought it wasn’t 

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Is it supposed to move north?  I thought it wasn’t 

Doesn't look like it really does. Latest HRRR run seems to have it fade out and then a new batch develops just north of there closer to and over DC right around Route 50 and then that eventually fizzles as well. It looks like we are most likely done up this way. DC and south though looks like they could see some nice action.

If by NOVA you mean Fredericksburg instead of Loudoun, I probably agree. HRRR has kinda backed off for DC proper, Stafford/Dale City/SE MD seem to be the spots to be.

Just now, osfan24 said:

Doesn't look like it really does. Latest HRRR run seems to have it fade out and then a new batch develops just north of there closer to and over DC right around Route 50 and then that eventually fizzles as well. It looks like we are most likely done up this way.

I’m still listening.  I’m north of that band but just north.  Thank you my friend. 

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like a 3-5" snowstorm on radar. Heavy snow just sitting there. Models pretty much nailed the location yesterday. Im sure it will just snow itself out in place. 

Was outside bringing some firewood in and a few flakes are flying. Nothing too impressive but at least I can say I have finally seen the first flakes lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Was outside bringing some firewood in and a few flakes are flying. Nothing too impressive but at least I can say I have finally seen the first flakes lol.

On Christmas no less! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Congrats Cape- send some my way!  Merry Christmas to you and yours

• Like 1

We've had steady flurries for the last couple hours.  It was great mood snow for gift opening and Xmas brunch.  Merry Christmas everyone!

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

I am sure the usual places have flooded here. Be interesting to see how fast they can recede/dry up before the real cold comes in.

The farm fields will have plenty of frozen "ponds" by tomorrow morning.

It would be fun to find a small, shallow pond down there for skating early tomorrow morning. 

Obs related, my new Radar Scope says I should be on the lookout for a steady snow shower soon.

• Like 1

Flurries have returned. Radar doesn't look at that promising for up this way, though. Looks like the heaviest echoes down in VA are pushing more east. Give the HRRR a lot of credit. It really nailed today.

• Like 1