Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve Mega Front Disco/Obs

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, wxdude64 said:

21.8 was the high today...at the 7 am weather report for the day. Been bouncing between 19 and 20 all day with W winds 15-30 mph. Record 'cool max' is 19 from 1983, so that stands, but this will go in as 2nd, ahead of the 22 from 1985. Currently at 5:30 19.2 degrees with a 8.1 DP, wind is W at 13 gusting 22 with a WC of 6 degrees, about where it has been all day.

I always appreciate your reports, Merry Christmas!  Can you remind me what your elevation is.  Thanks!

Yeah, do you know if they’ve upgraded it recently? [mention=1861]dtk[/mention]? [mention=10922]high risk[/mention]? 

It’s definitely been value-added and I’m kinda shocked at that.

We’re ignoring the time it tried to give us 6” of snow the Monday before last weeks storm from ~30 hours out or so, but yeah, I’ve generally been impressed.

So... I just made it to Canaan valley... quite an entrance... we rented a Chevy traverse and had a beautiful snowy Christmas drive. However, no fewer than three minutes before arriving at our cabin our dog had explosive diarrhea and projectile vomited all over my gf and the car! We’ve since recovered but... 2020 I guess (the dog is doing fine now, gf is a bit slower to recover but she’s coming along). It is 6 degrees and there seems like 8 or 9 inches of snow with plenty of new powder. It’s still coming down pretty good, tiny flakes.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, chris21 said:

So... I just made it to Canaan valley... quite an entrance... we rented a Chevy traverse and had a beautiful snowy Christmas drive. However, no fewer than three minutes before arriving at our cabin our dog had explosive diarrhea and projectile vomited all over my gf and the car! We’ve since recovered but... 2020 I guess (the dog is doing fine now). It is 6 degrees and there seems like 8 or 9 inches of snow with plenty of new powder. It’s still coming down pretty good, tiny flakes.

Have a fun time...glad the dog (and gf) are fine.  Bundle up!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Snow is ripping right now at Deep Creek on my Ring cams.  8 degrees with a -4 WC.  Can’t wait to get out there tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

It’s ripping now here in Canaan as well! 6 degrees, -9 wind chill. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Might as well keep this thread pinned. Can just rename it. Looking more and more like a repeat for NYE. Warm, wind, heavy tropical rains, followed by cold and dry. 

6z GFS is almost the exact front progression as Christmas Eve/day only a bit warmer behind the front.  It’s uncanny.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic