• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve/Christmas 2020 Arctic Express Snow Obs.

John1122

I believe the heavy snow showers in Northern middle are the ones that the models eventually see laying it down on northern Cumberland, Southern Overton, Southen Fentress and maybe over to Holston in Morgan County. When they are on the board the HRRR keys on them and lays the hammer down with them. I'd guess it will show a streak of nice future accumulation from the band that was rolling towards Powell a few minutes ago. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blue Ridge said:

Yo [mention]Stovepipe [/mention], I’m seeing a lot of chatter on r/Knoxville about power outages. What’s up? Surely that happened during gusty winds earlier and isn’t directly related to snowfall?

I don't know.  Looks like 17,000 outages within KUB alone.

Capture.jpg

• Thanks 1

Want to say though, this is probably the best event I've witnessed since being back in Tennessee since 2018.  Haven't seen snow this heavy in a while and the fact we are going to wake up to a white Christmas is a beautiful thing for a lot of people.  Here's hoping the rest of the winter is as generous 

• Like 9

Just now, TellicoWx said:

Current totals here..Mt Vernon/Belltown area 5.5" (still moderate snow), Coker Creek 6.2" (moderate snow)..Tellico 3" (flurries lol)...difference those bands make

Prayers to anyone that tried to go up on the Skyway. I bet that place is a nightmare. 

• Like 2

In Crossville I guess we've gotten lucky with the "streamers" because we went from essentially nothing (light dusting) to over an inch in the last 30 minutes and it looks like we have another good band about to come through in a few minutes. It's turning out not to be too bad of an event here after looking bad all day.

• Like 7

End-Of-Synoptic-2020-Christmas-Snow-Rada
End of the synoptic snow for here. Looks like some healthy NW Flow cooking in east KY headin this way. The Cumberland Mountains especially on the KY/VA line are notorious for wringing them dry by the time they reach the valley though. Fingers crossed for SWVA and TRI posters and lurkers. With a modified arctic air mass maybe we cash in.

• Like 3

Same! It looks like it has reached downtown now as well

Crossville_1.jpg&key=c972bb9de473fcd519a9b7729465dc14771fcc0ef1faf5f5b0d124d995324a43
That appears to be heading my way at least scraping by me, I'm looking forward to that one been watching it since Nashville. What sucks for me is it will disappear from OHX radar soon and there is a hole when it comes to snow like that over Roane northen Rhea and northern Meigs that is hard to see. I need to switch between OHX, MRX, and Hytop to follow snow through my neck of the woods.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic