• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

This one gets a F from me.  I don’t give points for snows that look like a heavy frost.  Rain, fog and thick clouds for days on end is another negative.  One night it rained for six straight hours and my weather station never moved from 32.1º.  Now that is just rubbing it in. In fact that is worth a minus.

So: F-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, jburns said:

This one gets a F from me.  I don’t give points for snows that look like a heavy frost.  Rain, fog and thick clouds for days on end is another negative.  One night it rained for six straight hours and my weather station never moved from 32.1º.  Now that is just rubbing it in. In fact that is worth a minus.

So: F-

Coupled with the string of 200 hour fantasy storms we were teased with, I'd call your F- a generous grade on the curve. 

3 hours ago, Avdave said:

First time Ive given winter an F no matter where I lived. 

Temps were the only nice things about winter here.

Precip, snow sucked minus the 1.6" here and Rain was plentiful and looks to continue that trend

I grade this winter even worse than last winter in my feeling after it. At least last year we had some beautiful stretches of weather. It was just cold and rainy throughout this year. Today really has made me realize how much I missed a pleasantly warm, sunny, winter day. Also our snow was daylight last year and stuck around a couple days in the shade. We had zero threats last year but also zero letdowns. That arctic outbreak that seemingly hit everywhere but here after days/weeks of watching it get here on models only to be pushed back further and further until it never came was gut wrenching 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I grade this winter even worse than last winter in my feeling after it. At least last year we had some beautiful stretches of weather. It was just cold and rainy throughout this year. Today really has made me realize how much I missed a pleasantly warm, sunny, winter day. Also our snow was daylight last year and stuck around a couple days in the shade. We had zero threats last year but also zero letdowns. That arctic outbreak that seemingly hit everywhere but here after days/weeks of watching it get here on models only to be pushed back further and further until it never came was gut wrenching 

Yeah at least I doubled what I got last winter. Though it was a chilly late winter/early spring and wet. I really enjoyed today and tomorrow too. I gave up early this year on snow and the arctic outbreak. It just wasnt our year here. It does sting that Arkansas got 17" Texas had snow and sleet all over the damn state and we got barely anything

12 hours ago, eyewall said:

This is the time of year I hate most because I know the heat will be here soon enough.

Your exactly right. So long to have to wait for next winter with all the heat and humidity right around the corner. Seems like we are singing the same tune at this time every year around here now. 

11 hours ago, Jmoon said:

Your exactly right. So long to have to wait for next winter with all the heat and humidity right around the corner. Seems like we are singing the same tune at this time every year around here now. 

At the risk of sounding old, I’ve learned to appreciate everyday no matter what it brings:  heat, rain, or even a visit to the doctor or dentist.  :)

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Dunkman said:

Playing the is it pollen or Covid game wasn't super fun. Hopefully my pandemic anxiety is a little better by now.

Yep I remember that last year too. If you sneezed while out and about, everyone would look at you and think you have covid. 

My anxiety was bad last year too and still it to an extent. It def sucks

1 hour ago, Avdave said:

Yep I remember that last year too. If you sneezed while out and about, everyone would look at you and think you have covid. 

My anxiety was bad last year too and still it to an extent. It def sucks

Yep.  That was the main cause of the toilet paper shortages. Every time someone would sneeze everyone within fifty feet would sh*t their pants.

• Haha 3

EPS looks positive for couple days. Meh. Euro has coastal. Sees Canadian, coastal, suppressed, cold, meh it’ll be gone tomorrow. GFS is hot anyway. Wakes up, Canadian looks good for this distance. Canadian sucks, always too cold. Euro looks interesting. Interesting doesn’t cut it here.  EPS looks strong. Been burnt by this all year. Wait, GFS has coastal bomb. Holy hell lol at Para. Surely the GEFS will suck. Nope. Euro comes in with a bomb. I’m telling myself don’t do it, don’t fall for it, stay away, stay far away until Tuesday at earliest. Inner weenie: BUY EVERYTHING THE PARA IS SELLING BUY IT ALLLLLL

• Haha 4

On 2/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, jburns said:

No reason to complain. Just go with the flow and enjoy the season. Maybe you could make a pollen man. Unlike those fickle snowmen he will never melt.

standard.jpg

Only thing complaining here are the sinuses & lungs (mild Asthma) :lol:

I will say though in a weather related comment, over the Holidays I traveled home to Ohio to spend time with the immediate family as my work is remote. It is staggering how rough the winter cold & air is on your body compared to living in Charleston. Was just ripping through the lotion & chapstick, & drinking hot tea throughout the day as my sinuses felt so so bad. It's noticeable how much healthier I feel living in this region