Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

2 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Can you imagine all of the frozen pipes they are having down there? My step daughter lived in San Antonio for a few years and 1 time they got down to 25 and their pipes froze and bust in the kitchen wall. Very poorly insulated down there.

Yep, I have some friends down there and they are hearing a lot of pipe bursting going on down there on the news.   Tough situation to be in, with frigid temps, no water and ice/snow covered roads

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Well my buddy in Columbus Ohio doesn’t have the same gripe but is definitely unhappy. They had been forecast to have over a foot of snow but it’s been nothing but a couple inches sleet. I’m sure cliff diving would be similar on here given the buildup and expectation they had. It is falling on a base of 6” of snow and 18 degrees, sigh 

Same for my folks in Cincy.  The NAM warm nose was right there for all to see on the models a couple days ago.  I guess its playing out that way.

This is just bs. :angry: Watching my friends across  the entire country get the motherload of wintry weather and I'm sitting here considering buying floaties and refilling my dog's anxiety medicine needed during t-storms. Even my San Diego friends got stuck in a snowstorm driving to Baja last month. I have had ZILCH. 

It's snowing in dang Mississippi even! 

:raining:

• Like 1

My brother in Austin TX got 5” of snow and is looking at lows of 11 degrees with no power.   First time he ever shoveled snow since moving to TX. Meanwhile I have booming thunder storms with my low being warmer than his high for tomorrow.  Is it me or is the weather getting weirder every year?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

My sister in middle TN called our mother in east TN to tell her that she was going to get “2 to 3 inches of ice” today.  Because my mother was concerned, I told her that she probably meant sleet instead of freezing rain.  I’m not sure my sister knows the difference.

I have had people tell me it was hailing when it was actually sleeting.

• Like 2

Raleigh NWS is getting a bit sloppy.

December 2020 Central NC Climate Summary
By Phillip Badgett and James Danco

Number of days with high temperatures at or below 32 °F this month:
Greensboro: 19 Raleigh: 18 Fayetteville: 15

Um...no.  Maybe that should read low temperatures at or below. I’m not even sure that would be right.

It also included this ob.

Greensboro tied a daily record snowfall of a trace on December 7. This tied the previous record of a trace of snowfall set in 1995.

Now that is just plain sad. Been keeping records for over 100 years and your record snowfall on a December day is a trace.  I want to cry.

• Sad 1

I’d love to see .5 of freezing rain here in Hickory but I just don’t see it happening. All the models have over done every single winter event this season here. I see us getting a couple hours of 31 degree freezing rain then the rest of the storm 32-33 degree rain. I think we’ll be lucky to even see .1 in the Catawba, lower Caldwell, lower Burke, Alexander county areas. Looks to be a much better change along the border counties with temps around 30 much of the event. I think the trend of model accumulation/accrual maps over hyping storms in this area continues.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

A little more wind and they roll. That's freak'n Galveston Tx. FGS. They avg 5 days below 32 all winter long.

The amount of sea turtles they are rescuing there is unbelievable. I have friends that have been there(Texas, LA, OK, MO) for a week, rescuing dogs, cats, birds, horses and other livestock. People shouldn’t have animals if they can’t take care of them. The kill pens are horrible places under normal circumstances. Now it’s unprecedented how disgusting it is and rescue’s are beyond capacity. Ugh

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

The amount of sea turtles they are rescuing there is unbelievable. I have friends that have been there(Texas, LA, OK, MO) for a week, rescuing dogs, cats, birds, horses and other livestock. People shouldn’t have animals if they can’t take care of them. The kill pens are horrible places under normal circumstances. Now it’s unprecedented how disgusting it is and rescue’s are beyond capacity. Ugh

We support one of the rescue farms here. I took her an orphaned fawn a few years back and got to know her and her staff. Saints all of them. And yes, people...

• Like 1