• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

The videos coming out of TX this morning are just sickening.  On our best day this winter, or possibly the last 4 winters, we haven't seen snowfall rates like that.  Why the hell can't we ever get a blizzard??  Why is my house sinking into the ground?  Why do my dogs have mushrooms growing in their paw pads???

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Here we go again, rain and 35, next couple of days sunny and cold, why can we not get the moisture and the cold to meet up.  cold is always chasing the moisture.  I would like just one 6 inch snowfall this winter and I'll settle for spring coming if we could get that 6 inch or better snowfall. :snowwindow::facepalm:

13 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Pretty sad when the most epic arctic outbreak in over 30 years across the US completely misses us. It is colder in Brownsville Texas than it is in all of NC, SC, and VA.

Its really unreal. Gfs is showing 5 to 10 below tomorrow morning  in ms...while most here in ga will only have a couple of mornings get into the 20s. Sad, pathetic, and frustrating to say the least. 

• Like 1

I’m 52 and there was a time here in central NC if you saw a US radar return like this you would be using your moms best candles to wax the Flexible Flyer sled runners and you WOULD be sledding in a couple days but like my youth those days are but a fond memory that I tell my children about. Alas, our winters are now reduced to several days of 36 deg and rain.☹️

73663BDD-B39C-4837-B6F4-DB53475C2661.jpeg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Compressorguy said:

I’m 52 and there was a time here in central NC if you saw a US radar return like this you would be using your moms best candles to wax the Flexible Flyer sled runners and you WOULD be sledding in a couple days but like my youth those days are but a fond memory that I tell my children about. Alas, our winters are now reduced to several days of 36 deg and rain.☹️

73663BDD-B39C-4837-B6F4-DB53475C2661.jpeg

For your first post this was a good, yet painfully accurate one.  As a fellow 53 year old, I blame millennials (for everything).  Somehow they screwed up weather patterns.  Welcome to the forum.

• Like 3

:axe: If this isn’t salt on the wound...

Snow fell as far south as Brownsville, Texas, where measurable snow has only occurred on two days since records began in 1898.

In Lake Charles, Louisiana — which saw two direct hits from hurricanes in the past six months — there was thundersnow this morning.

Oklahoma City and Dallas saw top-10 daily snowfalls yesterday (6 inches and 4 inches respectively), and both could see another top-10 snowfall on Tuesday or Wednesday.  

Abilene, Texas, reported 14.8 inches of snow on Sunday, smashing their record for most snow ever in a day, which was previously 9.3 inches from 1996.

• Sad 2

I don't usually post in the whining thread but COME ON lol.  biggest arctic outbreak in ages that was SUPPOSED to be here this week is hitting almost everyone but the south east.  its a slap in the face for sure...while I am very happy for those winter weather lovers who rarely see snow/ice getting hit it is really hard to hear "how bad it is" while imby it is 40 and raining.  that is warm, most of the weekend it was 36 or 37 and wet.  this is frustrating to say the least.  I am done with the 7-10 models at this point - they are completely useless (at least in the se). 

back to watching just a few days out again (which, ironically, is how the snow on feb 6 was).  although I guess I shouldnt complain as much as others on here as I did see a decent snow this winter.  but nothing compared to "what could have been" with the arctic blast sigh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherJustin said:

I’m bored man, I knew it was reaching. I quit my job with Norfolk Southern (bc it’s sucks and I wouldn’t recommend railroad jobs to anyone wasted 5yrs there)  Im a student a stay at home dad currently and literally was that bored :lol:

Hang in there.  Just don't rely on a bunch of weather binging weenies to provide you with a moral compass and inner strength.  This place has devolved into a certified sanitarium.

• Like 1

Seriously. It’s freakin 40 degrees with lightning and low rumbling, ground shaking thunder and from El Paso to the gulf coast is snowed in :banned::gun_bandana::baby:

152300-
Elbert GA-Hart GA-Franklin GA-Pickens Mountains SC-
Greater Pickens SC-Greater Oconee SC-Laurens SC-Abbeville SC-
Anderson SC-Greenwood SC-Greater Greenville SC-
527 PM EST Mon Feb 15 2021

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WITH INTENSE LIGHTNING WILL IMPACT
NORTHEASTERN FRANKLIN...NORTHEASTERN ELBERT...HART...LAURENS...
SOUTHEASTERN GREENVILLE...ANDERSON...ABBEVILLE...PICKENS...
SOUTHEASTERN OCONEE AND NORTHWESTERN GREENWOOD COUNTIES UNTIL 600 PM
EST...

At 527 PM EST, Doppler radar indicated strong thunderstorms with
intense lightning along a line extending from 9 miles northwest of
Hartwell to 7 miles south of Abbeville, and moving northeast at 40
mph.

Locations to be impacted include...
Anderson, Easley, Clemson, Laurens, Seneca, Abbeville, Hartwell,
Pickens, Greenville Downtown and Greenwood.

In addition to intense lightning, wind gusts up to 40 mph, pea size
hail and very heavy rainfall rates up to 2 inches per hour will be
possible in these areas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Seriously. It’s freakin 40 degrees with lightning and low rumbling, ground shaking thunder and from El Paso to the gulf coast is snowed in :banned::gun_bandana::baby:

152300-
Elbert GA-Hart GA-Franklin GA-Pickens Mountains SC-
Greater Pickens SC-Greater Oconee SC-Laurens SC-Abbeville SC-
Anderson SC-Greenwood SC-Greater Greenville SC-
527 PM EST Mon Feb 15 2021

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WITH INTENSE LIGHTNING WILL IMPACT
NORTHEASTERN FRANKLIN...NORTHEASTERN ELBERT...HART...LAURENS...
SOUTHEASTERN GREENVILLE...ANDERSON...ABBEVILLE...PICKENS...
SOUTHEASTERN OCONEE AND NORTHWESTERN GREENWOOD COUNTIES UNTIL 600 PM
EST...

At 527 PM EST, Doppler radar indicated strong thunderstorms with
intense lightning along a line extending from 9 miles northwest of
Hartwell to 7 miles south of Abbeville, and moving northeast at 40
mph.

Locations to be impacted include...
Anderson, Easley, Clemson, Laurens, Seneca, Abbeville, Hartwell,
Pickens, Greenville Downtown and Greenwood.

In addition to intense lightning, wind gusts up to 40 mph, pea size
hail and very heavy rainfall rates up to 2 inches per hour will be
possible in these areas.

Sounds like great times!

• Haha 1

Well my buddy in Columbus Ohio doesn’t have the same gripe but is definitely unhappy. They had been forecast to have over a foot of snow but it’s been nothing but a couple inches sleet. I’m sure cliff diving would be similar on here given the buildup and expectation they had. It is falling on a base of 6” of snow and 18 degrees, sigh 

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Sounds like great times!

Indeed :lol:

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Hey you could have real problems like having your new cast iron skillet delivered to your now ex girlfriends house... the day after you break up ;)

or you can take my day 8 of mid 30’s and rain. This option is free of course. 

The plus side is now she can’t use the skillet against you :P 

If it has to rain, thunder should always accompany it :wub:

3 hours ago, Avdave said:

Raleigh-Durham winter

Galveston Beach, TX winter

download.jpg

150687742_4134489089944063_4181226412018219796_o.jpg

Can you imagine all of the frozen pipes they are having down there? My step daughter lived in San Antonio for a few years and 1 time they got down to 25 and their pipes froze and bust in the kitchen wall. Very poorly insulated down there.

• Like 1