Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

1 hour ago, AirNelson39 said:

So over this shit hole winter. The models have been absolute trash for anything over 6 days. We had widespread agreement on cold and winter weather and both kept getting pushed back until they are just non existent Unreal. Bring on a nice cool Spring.

Based on what was advertised, almost unanimously, it's one of the bigger disappointments and rip offs I can remember. Definitely hard to swallow.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Based on what was advertised, almost unanimously, it's one of the bigger disappointments and rip offs I can remember. Definitely hard to swallow.

Winter weather fail lesson #17235:

If the HP isn't in the right place, the cold air ain't getting past the mountains, not matter what the models show.  

• Like 3

Yeah it’s definitely a buzzkill. But I’m happy that there’s a lot of people in the mid-south that are getting their once-in-a-generation pattern where every impulse leads to snow. They deserve it. How many systems stay dry around the western gulf before blossoming around Georgia?

It’s not our pattern, and it happens. We still have about a month of fertile winter to track until we’ll need a Hail Mary for anything to pan out.

On the bright side, I’ll be happy to get more sleep not staying up for the 00z suites!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ILMRoss said:

Yeah it’s definitely a buzzkill. But I’m happy that there’s a lot of people in the mid-south that are getting their once-in-a-generation pattern where every impulse leads to snow. They deserve it. How many systems stay dry around the western gulf before blossoming around Georgia?

It’s not our pattern, and it happens. We still have about a month of fertile winter to track until we’ll need a Hail Mary for anything to pan out.

On the bright side, I’ll be happy to get more sleep not staying up for the 00z suites!

Yeah it just sucks hands down. The worst is the long wait until next winter. I can't stand the heat of July and August. The only upside is maybe a a few severe chases.- Yeah we can get something in March, but unless it is a nocturnal event it has a hard time against the sun angle.

• Like 2

Long term lurker, first time poster. No better place to start here to vent about what a shit-tastic pattern this is. Love me some 33 degrees and rain for three days!!
For all the hype about how great the NAO/AO indices have been, the pattern in the Pacific really screwed us. To add insult to injury it has been a very wet pattern. I need to hire someone to drain the swamp that has taken over my back yard.

The weather gods can be cruel for us SE folks. On a brighter note at least the ski resorts have had a good winter so far. If it wasn’t for the blocking pattern, it would have been a different story. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rxUNC70 said:

Long term lurker, first time poster. No better place to start here to vent about what a shit-tastic pattern this is. Love me some 33 degrees and rain for three days!!
For all the hype about how great the NAO/AO indices have been, the pattern in the Pacific really screwed us. To add insult to injury it has been a very wet pattern. I need to hire someone to drain the swamp that has taken over my back yard.

The weather gods can be cruel for us SE folks. On a brighter note at least the ski resorts have had a good winter so far. If it wasn’t for the blocking pattern, it would have been a different story. 

Welcome aboard.  We all suffer together...

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, eyewall said:

It is maddening to say the least. I pissed off a lot of people but it seems like I was mostly right for my area with the exception of one minor event. We barely pulled that off as it was. The Mid-Atlantic won the year as did persistence. Welcome to the cliff.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, eyewall said:

It is maddening to say the least. I pissed off a lot of people but it seems like I was mostly right for my area with the exception of one minor event. We barely pulled that off as it was. The Mid-Atlantic won the year as did persistence. Welcome to the cliff.

I saw someone got they're feelings hurt, but I agree that we're running out of time if you look at the extended forecast.  I mean all this moisture and we for some reason can't get that damn cold air to penetrate east,  I thought by now the cold would have been pushed here already.  It's very frustrating.  Maybe we get a snowstorm at the end of the month or March.  :snowwindow:

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Made it back from Cincy today.  Left about 5" of compact snow behind me with another 7-10" coming early next week for a freaking ice storm?  This winter in the SE blows.  I'm buying grass seed asap.  Time for spring.

Good to hear you returned safely.  Also glad you didn’t wait until tomorrow.

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Made it back from Cincy today.  Left about 5" of compact snow behind me with another 7-10" coming early next week for a freaking ice storm?  This winter in the SE blows.  I'm buying grass seed asap.  Time for spring.

Glad you had a safe trip home! My family keeps sending me pictures of a beautiful winter wonderland while I sit with 33 degree rain <_<

What a painful sight today to see that slug of moisture moving through with temps in the low 30s. Meanwhile, historic snow on the way for Houston and Louisiana.

I’m over winter. I want torch. I want the SE ridge to deliver 80s and historic warmth every single day in March and not a single night below 45 until November of next year. If we can’t get snow, that’s totally fine but enough of it raining 10 inches a week in the 30s. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

What a painful sight today to see that slug of moisture moving through with temps in the low 30s. Meanwhile, historic snow on the way for Houston and Louisiana.

I’m over winter. I want torch. I want the SE ridge to deliver 80s and historic warmth every single day in March and not a single night below 45 until November of next year. If we can’t get snow, that’s totally fine but enough of it raining 10 inches a week in the 30s. 

I'm almost there.  I dont mind the cool temps as much as I mind the wet.  This is getting ridiculous, and if the summer ends up dry thats even more painful.  I was hoping to plant my first full one acre crop this year using my new gravity fed drip irrigation system.  (I'm NOT  a farmer).  This is a fun project for me that mother nature is not making any easier.  Cant get the field ready, too wet, and cant get my rain totes in place to catch the rain we have now.  

And even worse, the dogs have muddy paws every freaking day!  :angry:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I'm almost there.  I dont mind the cool temps as much as I mind the wet.  This is getting ridiculous, and if the summer ends up dry thats even more painful.  I was hoping to plant my first full one acre crop this year using my new gravity fed drip irrigation system.  (I'm NOT  a farmer).  This is a fun project for me that mother nature is not making any easier.  Cant get the field ready, too wet, and cant get my rain totes in place to catch the rain we have now.  

And even worse, the dogs have muddy paws every freaking day!  :angry:

I understand your pain with the muddy paws. This nonstop rain is putting a damper on our walks/runs. My area recorded over 90 inches of rain last year, so I don’t need it to be dry necessarily but maybe average levels of rain for once would be nice ...:wacko:

• Like 2