Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

1 minute ago, frazdaddy said:

I noticed that you taken a step back. Me as well. Hard to invest all the time only to miss out in the end. The payoff for this hobby used to be a lot better.

I agree! I ended up becoming a member at a couple of golf courses here.  If winters are going to be warmer and no snow, I might as well enjoy being on the golf course...LOL!  And as a single dad of 2 older daughters, I can do that. :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rduwx said:

My parents moved to Cary in '73 and I was 4 so I remember those 70's winters also.  Those winters were so much colder.

Def winters were colder in the 70-80s. Even growing up in NW NJ we got a ton of snow compared to the 90s to today back home.  Im here now, so just deal with what ma natures throw ours way, I dont have a choice otherwise:lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Really? I didnt think we would get much frozen Precip  the next few days.   Like I always say it is what it is lol.  

I’m just pondering what could have been I guess.  I’m tired of seeing snow maps lit up with the colors of the rainbow for everyone except us.  When we see it, it’s for hour 384 and never happens.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.  :guitar:  Whooooaaa!

• Like 1

Just now, magpiemaniac said:

I’m just pondering what could have been I guess.  I’m tired of seeing snow maps lit up with the colors of the rainbow for everyone except us.  When we see it, it’s for hour 384 and never happens.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.  :guitar:

Im just used to the clown maps being fun to look at it and not taken for verbatim.  It is a wash rinse repeat cycle here in the Carolinas for sure with the models. Yeah we do get a storm every so often. I just dont expect much snow here and that could just be me coming from the north into the south I guess. 

I know its tough to snow here outside of the mountains, so I have my expectations pretty low. 

5 minutes ago, Avdave said:

You are getting more severe than I do here in summer lol

Right!? After the Xenia tornado, I’ve been hooked ever since B)

4 minutes ago, rduwx said:

I agree! I ended up becoming a member at a couple of golf courses here.  If winters are going to be warmer and no snow, I might as well enjoy being on the golf course...LOL!  And as a single dad of 2 older daughters, I can do that. :D

As a single Mom and Nana to 3, I get to spend as much time photographing nature as I want, because I can :lol:

2 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Ewwwwwwwwww! :gun_bandana:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Im just used to the clown maps being fun to look at it and not taken for verbatim.  It is a wash rinse repeat cycle here in the Carolinas for sure with the models. Yeah we do get a storm every so often. I just dont expect much snow here and that could just be me coming from the north into the south I guess. 

I know its tough to snow here outside of the mountains, so I have my expectations pretty low. 

You’ve listened to me complaining for years and years, so you knew what you were in for moving south :P  :( 

• Haha 1

Guys we might as well give up it looks like.  We get the same thing over and over.  Warm and rain or cold and dry or maybe an inch of snow or 33 and rain.  The cold air out west that was suppose to be here this past Monday just doesn't seem to move east hardly any.  At one time all the rain we're starting to get was looking like snow but the cold just won't get here.  The next 15 days doesn't look good unless you want rain and temps in the 40's.  Just terrible, each week goes by I think well maybe next week or the next week.  we're running out of weeks guys.  Very Frustrated with this pattern.  :facepalm::axe::violin:

23 minutes ago, Tacoma said:

Guys we might as well give up it looks like.  We get the same thing over and over.  Warm and rain or cold and dry or maybe an inch of snow or 33 and rain.  The cold air out west that was suppose to be here this past Monday just doesn't seem to move east hardly any.  At one time all the rain we're starting to get was looking like snow but the cold just won't get here.  The next 15 days doesn't look good unless you want rain and temps in the 40's.  Just terrible, each week goes by I think well maybe next week or the next week.  we're running out of weeks guys.  Very Frustrated with this pattern.  :facepalm::axe::violin:

It is maddening to say the least. I pissed off a lot of people but it seems like I was mostly right for my area with the exception of one minor event. We barely pulled that off as it was. The Mid-Atlantic won the year as did persistence. Welcome to the cliff.

36 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

If someone shared this I’m sorry I will delete but my Goodness :o

Where there any warnings, watches, or travel advisories in place there this morning?

Edit:  There was a winter weather advisory in place.  Seems like a lot of people ignored the advice to use caution on the roads.  Driving like an F1 race.

18 minutes ago, eyewall said:

It is maddening to say the least. I pissed off a lot of people but it seems like I was mostly right for my area with the exception of one minor event. We barely pulled that off as it was. The Mid-Atlantic won the year as did persistence. Welcome to the cliff.

Cliff diving ain’t so bad. At least you saw something. Nada a flake here. I’ve cliff dived about 3 times this year but I get back up. Probably done this time. This took the cake. If I hear pattern recognition one more time I might get sick. Carry on men and women.

4 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Cliff diving ain’t so bad. At least you saw something. Nada a flake here. I’ve cliff dived about 3 times this year but I get back up. Probably done this time. This took the cake. If I hear pattern recognition one more time I might get sick. Carry on men and women.

Pattern recognition 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1