• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

Yep. Completely agree. Typically, the more I watch/follow a certain TV met, the less I end up liking them. We'll just say that has happened with two of the more prominent mets in Raleigh and now Charlotte over the years. 

East is the man, though. He needs to be bumped up to the big leagues so us non-Spectrum customers can tune in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Yep. Completely agree. Typically, the more I watch/follow a certain TV met, the less I end up liking them. We'll just say that has happened with two of the more prominent mets in Raleigh and now Charlotte over the years. 

East is the man, though. He needs to be bumped up to the big leagues so us non-Spectrum customers can tune in.

He and Jeff Crum imo 

8 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

The good ol’ days were when East was in Greensboro and Spectrum was TWC.  I remember those times fondly.  :cry:   Fortunately, we have Denton up here.  He’s like the friendly neighbor who grills and just so happens to have a met degree and loves snow.  I really enjoy watching him.

There are others, however, that just leave me thinking, “How in the heck did you get your job?”

20 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

The good ol’ days were when East was in Greensboro and Spectrum was TWC.  I remember those times fondly.  :cry:   Fortunately, we have Denton up here.  He’s like the friendly neighbor who grills and just so happens to have a met degree and loves snow.  I really enjoy watching him.

There are others, however, that just leave me thinking, “How in the heck did you get your job?”

Van Denton often features a longrange snow chance graph for the following ten days that only shows snow chances for that period.  I love it, and don’t think I’ve seen any other tv met do the same.

8 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Van Denton often features a longrange snow chance graph for the following ten days that only shows snow chances for that period.  I love it, and don’t think I’ve seen any other tv met do the same.

I like how he makes his own snow in his yard when it’s cold enough.  LOL  The man loves snow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Fat lady has stepped on the stage and is warming up her vocals 

I was hoping to at least get some ice storm drone shots if we couldn't pull a warning level snow event. The one minor snow will have to suffice.

21 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

If we can get past the next 10 days of miserable cold rains I think we will have the worst of it behind us with warmer and drier conditions in March 

The past two days have given me a touch of spring fever :ph34r:  

1 minute ago, eyewall said:

I was hoping to at least get some ice storm drone shots if we couldn't pull a warning level snow event. The one minor snow will have to suffice.

You and me both! I was looking forward to waterfall hopping here, with icicle’s and a blanket of snow as my landscape :(   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I was just hoping for some interesting weather we don’t get frequently. People here hate on ice storms but I haven’t seen one in twenty years so it’s definitely a unique and rare event. Feels like it might be another 20 years at this rate...

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

If anyone fails to understand the frustration on the board, the current gfs has Memphis at -4 and Raleigh at 60 Tuesday morning 

Strange.. even the temp projections have been terrible this winter it seems like. I'm just a casual observer, but don't ever remember things being this off. Are the atmospheric dynamics more complicated in certain regions than they've ever been or is it seriously faulty data? 

4 minutes ago, Brian_K76 said:

Strange.. even the temp projections have been terrible this winter it seems like. I'm just a casual observer, but don't ever remember things being this off. Are the atmospheric dynamics more complicated in certain regions than they've ever been or is it seriously faulty data? 

Some mets have mentioned that there is less atmospheric sampling and data going into the models due to fewer airline flights over the past year.

• Like 1