Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

23 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

People really like their power getting knocked out for a week for some odd reason. Personally, I’d rather have 33 and rain.

It’s the same reason some of us enjoy reading The Road or One Second After.  It harkens to a survivalist instinct still ingrained in us.  Just be thankful we’re on a message board discussing the weather and not a potential EMP or asteroid strike.  :D

1 hour ago, griteater said:

Can’t recall so much angst over freezing rain in years past. Toughen up people 

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that some of us have been stuck inside with our 3 kids from ages 10-17 for the last year. Doing that without power in very cold temps will be 100% miserable instead of only 85% miserable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Just maddening to have that level of cold at the same latitude a few hundred miles away and hardly get a piece of it. 60 degrees difference b/w Columbia SC and Jackson MS!

I am also amazed that all that artic air won't make it over the Apps. Just shows how shallow it is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yotaman said:

I am also amazed that all that artic air won't make it over the Apps. Just shows how shallow it is.

This is the current map. It really shows the tough in the middle of the country and this seems to have been the prevailing pattern this year, with almost no movement East. It's strange, despite not having a major SER this year it's been there enough to keep out the true cold. Next week the cold looks to be magnified and epanded a bit East to LA/MS/AL, but basically seems to stay in place.

image.png.a87d987c1b94dccb03ed04b277cfafcf.png

14 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Before too long, there's a decent chance Baton Rouge will be much colder and even snowier than Asheville. Just a comical situation unfolding.

On the plus side, snow plumes show a mean of around 70 inches for Snowbird/Alta in Utah over the next 7 days, where I'm headed late next week.

Alta is great but don't sleep on Solitude and Brighton. You could spend a week skiing Solitude and not hit the entire mountain.

How freaking hard is it to vent in the appropriate thread!? If anyone has a right to b*tch and moan about the lack of winter precipitation, it’s me. mby hasn’t had the first solid flake. If you want to cancel winter in the discussion thread, you better have a long detailed explanation with pictures to back it up. \endrant :angry: :gun_bandana: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, buckeyefan1 said:

How freaking hard is it to vent in the appropriate thread!? If anyone has a right to b*tch and moan about the lack of winter precipitation, it’s me. mby hasn’t had the first solid flake. If you want to cancel winter in the discussion thread, you better have a long detailed explanation with pictures to back it up. \endrant :angry: :gun_bandana: 

The sad part is you don't even have to @ anyone - they know who they are...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Ok you are right and I am sorry. I have not been doing well outside of weather with a friend permanently damaged health wise by COVID and he lost his dad to the illness. I suppose I let that carry over to my posts here without thinking it through first. Anyway, I am awaiting the RAH discussion to see their line of thought given the latest runs for next week.

Look, I’m sorry your friend isn’t doing well. Covid freakin sucks. My daughter is now on day 42 with covid symptoms , still testing positive and nobody knows if the painful inflammation will ever go away because with the people that have the same condition haven’t had any lessening of the symptoms. She has lung damage and I’m sure other things damaged. I understand we all handle things differently, but it’s no excuse. You did the same thing last winter when I had to say something to you then too. Do better. Thank you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Alta is great but don't sleep on Solitude and Brighton. You could spend a week skiing Solitude and not hit the entire mountain.

Interesting. I've not skied Brighton, but skied Solitude last month (was out there for work). Unfortunately, Honeycomb Canyon was closed due to avalanche danger, which seems to make up like half the mountain and a ton of great terrain. We skied the majority of the rest of the mountain in about 5 hours, though we were lapping it pretty good. Eager to get back into Honeycomb when it's open.

• Like 1

Can I be in my home forum and be whining about too much snow with being banned?  :lol:

Ripping fatties again here in Cincy.  Here comes another 1-3" literally out of nothing.  I'm now sitting on 10" since I got here Friday.  I just cant believe how difficult it is to get a snow event like this in the southeast.....in the dead of winter.....at night.....it sucks!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Can I be in my home forum and be whining about too much snow with being banned?  :lol:

Ripping fatties again here in Cincy.  Here comes another 1-3" literally out of nothing.  I'm now sitting on 10" since I got here Friday.  I just cant believe how difficult it is to get a snow event like this in the southeast.....in the dead of winter.....at night.....it sucks!

ok mister that's it , I am officially ignoring you till I get snow or you get back. 

8 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Now you’re just rubbing it in :P I’m jealous! My niece sent me a video of my great nephews (5&8) outside playing in the snow today and it was at and above their knees :lol:   I was there last fall and winter and managed one single 2.5” front end thump before it was washed away in the rain :(