Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

1 minute ago, magpiemaniac said:

Hey, don’t skip what’s predicted to be an active severe season.

I’m expecting a drought at this point. Said it last week when everything was pointing to extended cold: I was as excited for the next two weeks of winter as I could remember. Now I’m still waiting a week for cold that may never show. Sheesh! 

19 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I waited as long as I could holding out hope, but I’m calling this weekend’s event for the Triad.  We’re out.  DOA after the 18z NAM.  Onward to next weekend and the bitter disappointment it, too, will likely bring.

Yeah I agree.  It's a shame because it is a great setup.  If we get a LP in the northern Gulf to the SC coast in early Feb and can't get a storm.....well, I just need to move north

9 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

Yeah I agree.  It's a shame because it is a great setup.  If we get a LP in the northern Gulf to the SC coast in early Feb and can't get a storm.....well, I just need to move north

If it was just that low pressure we would be in good shape. Its the low in the TN valley screwing us. 

21 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

RAH says my house could get 0.5” Saturday night.  RNK says my land in Stokes County (a half hour away) could get 3” to 5” Saturday night.

This might be the shortest chase distance on record.

It’s honestly nice for me to be on the outside looking in. No model watching just relaxing . Have not seen a flake in 3 years and dint expect to 

Last winter sucked, but we didn’t expect a lot day to day either since it was just wet and warm.  No real near-misses that deflated us.  (Thankfully, I had that one small event on February 20 that kept my string going.). This current winter is even worse in part because it’s been generally colder and we’ve had some decent potential that would eventually collapse.  Time and time again, we’ve had the “players on the field” just to have one of our vital players get injured as we were driving for the game-winning touchdown.  Several lost opportunities.  If we get anything in the coming weeks, it won’t be something we track for a week and half.  It’ll be a little something that will pop up at the last second and satiate our appetite for winter weather temporarily until we return again in November to start this futile process all over again.