Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

You, sir, deserve a permanent front row seat in the whining (winning) thread after the last few years. Rough times down there my friend 

All I need is to miss a storms that goes south and East and my winter will be complete 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Sux about Petr, but Optimus is stepping up.  Hopefully Jacob has shaken the cobwebs out. 8pm tonight giterdone!

Petr is like an orange barrel out there.  Everyone insists on sliding into him lately.  Bad luck.  I hope they can continue this momentum they have.  With the abbreviated season, getting off to a good start is important because a slump later is always possible.  Banking some points now eases the pressure later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

I love when people use words like pummeled and plastered... when in reality it’s light/moderate precipitation. 

I guess it’s all relative.  Our context is different compared to, say, Buffalo.  :D  To snow-starved Southrons, moderate snow does indeed feel like a pummeling.

Just now, Buckethead said:

That map is 20-25" too low for my area (Wolf Laurel). I wonder how they come up with these totals. I'm guessing radar data is part of it, which would explain why it's off by so much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think it is from snowfall reports sent into tjhe local NWS office.  Plus the mountains you wont get exactly spot on as there are so many different variants that can cause snowfall to be different from mile to mile

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ILMRoss said:

Folks, occurred to me a few days ago while buying vintage lamps that if I can buy a vintage lamp, I can probably spend some money on a pay site- is wxbell still the leader here?

I think so. I like the extracted data from F5 but it seems spurious at times. I dont like the interface at weathermodels.com at all. Pivotal isnt awful but lacks the extracted stuff that I really like but does have arguably the best UKMET data. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatherNature said:

I love when people use words like pummeled and plastered... when in reality it’s light/moderate precipitation. 

Awwww, man!  Don't get me started on those trite and exaggerated colloquialisms used for snowing rates, lol.  A couple more that's used regularly are "puking" and "ripping."  I don't care if it's actually snowing heavily or lightly, those sayings are rather annoying.  

I just noticed Panther Justin basically stated verbatim, lol.

57 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

That map is 20-25" too low for my area (Wolf Laurel). I wonder how they come up with these totals. I'm guessing radar data is part of it, which would explain why it's off by so much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Map is too low for NE NC. I was there 2 days after the storm and there was still more than 4 inches easy in the shade after 2 days of melting and compacting 

• Like 1