Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

We live in the south and the only thing we can hope for are frozen precipitation opportunities :lol: The more opportunities, the better our odds of cashing in  :wub:  I haven’t seen anything frozen yet, but this winter has been 1000x’s better than the past few imby  :sun:

Hey Buckeye do you think you could pin our thread please?

I’m insanely jealous that DC and the mid-Atlantic region are about to get an obscene amount of snow while we get jack squat.  It doesn’t bother me when the NE gets snow but it really bothers me when the mid-Atlantic region gets some.  I don’t know why though.  Yes, I’m petty and bitter.

• Like 1

I hate 30's and rain! There is nothing worse when it comes to the weather. It sucks that we had the soil temps primed and CAD in place. We just couldn't pull off a solid Miller A. Now we battle sun angle and soil temps going forward as time runs short.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hate 30's and rain! There is nothing worse when it comes to the weather. It sucks that we had the soil temps primed and CAD in place. We just couldn't pull off a solid Miller A. Now we battle sun angle and soil temps going forward as time runs short.

Same. At least imby, we have had several “if only” systems this season.
Sitting at 33 now with .48” as rain overnight.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

2 meh winters in a row here in Raleigh area. At least we saw an inch this year and 4 last year. 

6 hours ago, eyewall said:

default_cliff.gif

4 hours ago, wncsnow said:

This winter is already 100× better than last 

After 177 hours of model watching and 2’ 7” of digital snow, my only reward has been 86 sleet pellets for 45 seconds. I agree. MBY hasn’t cashed in, but so far I’ve spent this winter tracking threats and watching with jealous envy as other se crew members did. Which is 100x better than the last couple ^_^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

After 177 hours of model watching and 2’ 7” of digital snow, my only reward has been 86 sleet pellets for 45 seconds. I agree. MBY hasn’t cashed in, but so far I’ve spent this winter tracking threats and watching with jealous envy as other se crew members did. Which is 100x better than the last couple ^_^

I agree. Even though we haven't had a forum wide snowstorm and I'm only at about 1/3 of my seasonal average,  we have had multiple fantasy storms, it's been a lot colder, and there hasn't been any sustained warm weather. Last winter was dismal 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

2 meh winters in a row here in Raleigh area. At least we saw an inch this year and 4 last year. 

Definitely meh.  We got about 1.5” last week and we still have a few small patches in our yard.  I’m sure that’s going to be it for the winter.  I love living in Raleigh but the lack of snow stinks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avdave said:

Oh how I miss NJ. I never thought I would say since I left in 1999.  But storms like these make me miss it and makes it all worth it.  I grew up and lived right below the first 2 under Sussex. 

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

I totally agree.  I grew up in West Milford, NJ way back in the 50s and 60s and several good Nor’easters each year was the norm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Definitely meh.  We got about 1.5” last week and we still have a few small patches in our yard.  I’m sure that’s going to be it for the winter.  I love living in Raleigh but the lack of snow stinks.

I love Raleigh as well. I have been living in the area since Sept 2019. I came by way of Fayetteville > Southport > Garner/Clayton. I was puzzled by the lack of snow after moving here from SE NC. I think I brought the lack of snow with me :+)

It rarely snows and accumulates in southeastern NC but it averages out to about an inch in Wilmington.  That’s where I grew up.  I actually averaged more during my time there.  In 1973 we got about 16 “ total for season.  We officially got like 4-5 in 1980 (it was over my car in drifts so that was suspect).  And, we got like 3 inches in late March 1983. After I left, they got like 15 inches one Christmas in 89 or 90.

Never Thought I Would Be So Happy With My 1 Inch Of Snow In SW Rutherford County This Winter But It Has Been A Lot Colder This Winter By Far And On (5) Separate Occasions I Have Seen Snow. (3) Times Just Flurries And The Other (2) Times A Half Inch Each Time. So As Many Opportunities As We Have Missed This Year It's Still By Far Way Better Than Last Winter. Just Seen It Snow One Time Last Winter And Way Above Average Temps As A Whole. Looking For More Snow Chances For The Foothills And Hopefully You Guys In SC Can See Some Snow Also. I Feel Your Pain. I'm Just A Little North Of You Guys. I Usually Always End Up With With The Upstate SC Weather Most Of The Time.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, snowinnc said:

I’m insanely jealous that DC and the mid-Atlantic region are about to get an obscene amount of snow while we get jack squat.  It doesn’t bother me when the NE gets snow but it really bothers me when the mid-Atlantic region gets some.  I don’t know why though.  Yes, I’m petty and bitter.

Well, at least we didn’t go from days and days of modeling showing a foot plus to a crusty 2-4” 

2 hours ago, Jmoon said:

Never Thought I Would Be So Happy With My 1 Inch Of Snow In SW Rutherford County This Winter But It Has Been A Lot Colder This Winter By Far And On (5) Separate Occasions I Have Seen Snow. (3) Times Just Flurries And The Other (2) Times A Half Inch Each Time. So As Many Opportunities As We Have Missed This Year It's Still By Far Way Better Than Last Winter. Just Seen It Snow One Time Last Winter And Way Above Average Temps As A Whole. Looking For More Snow Chances For The Foothills And Hopefully You Guys In SC Can See Some Snow Also. I Feel Your Pain. I'm Just A Little North Of You Guys. I Usually Always End Up With With The Upstate SC Weather Most Of The Time.

With every word capitalized, this must be the longest book title I’ve ever seen.  :P