Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

On 1/8/2021 at 9:29 PM, Grayman said:

Well here I go. Screw the weather and screw great patterns And screw you that saw flakes. Try living in Rockingham NC. I chased 20 minutes north to see. Flake. That’s my life. Nobody tell me a great patterns coining because you don’t know anything. Can’t enough predict a storm 12 hours out. Screw the models too . Btw winter is OVer 

Great rant lol!  Heck I chased 4 miles north to highway 98 and I had 2 freaking minutes of granule.  Wake freaking Forest had a quick dusting of all places- they sometimes luck out in weird events.  I would have taken what BullCity had compared to what we got.

9 minutes ago, Leesville Wx Hawk said:

Great rant lol!  Heck I chased 4 miles north to highway 98 and I had 2 freaking minutes of granule.  Wake freaking Forest had a quick dusting of all places- they sometimes luck out in weird events.  I would have taken what BullCity had compared to what we got.

So Grayman goes 20 miles north to se a flake and you go 4 miles.  You both could have saved a lot of time and just stood on your front yards with a good pair of binoculars.   Lol

• Haha 4

Bad winters seem to come in threes here so unfortunately I doubt we get a snowy one until next year at the earliest. 

Case and point-

Winters of 06-08- Total of less than 5 inches of snow  

2011-2013- Total of less than 1 inch of snow 

Currently we are on a drought of a little more than 2 years, so maybe next winter will be a good one. 

Honestly the winters of 2014-18 were a good stretch here with at or above average snowfall each winter. 

10 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Anyone saying the last 3 winters are “normal” for the East coast, I’ll have what you’re smoking. From a regional and eastern US perspective, it ain’t just “you live in the south.” Binghamton, NY- you are excluded from this convo. It’s been a foul stretch, I’m sure March will save us!!!

I agree. Just because its the south doesn't mean you shouldn't expect some snow. When your average is 4-6 inches a year and you can't even get a damn inch in 2 years thats ridiculous and not normal. Well let me rephrase that, I guess its the new normal because it happens too often now. Screw global warming and anyone who denies it.

• Like 2

So, aallll that precip in TN even up into KY,  is that all going to just disappear once it hits the Appalachians? Charlotte and the rest of the western and central piedmont get nothing? 

The radar looks juicy and I'm sitting at 31 with dew point of 24!!!!

What givez?

7 hours ago, davenc said:

So, aallll that precip in TN even up into KY,  is that all going to just disappear once it hits the Appalachians? Charlotte and the rest of the western and central piedmont get nothing? 

The radar looks juicy and I'm sitting at 31 with dew point of 24!!!!

What givez?

No Snow for you.. 

2 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Most models give me nothing next week yet places like Elizabeth city and Norfolk may get buried. Can we end this pathetic winter please? 

They are backing off for everyone. Game , set , match . Bring on spring . See you guys next year. Yes I’m dumb enough to come back . Oh wait Feb will save us.  We suck at winter weather and I’m the biggest sucker on all. Rant over . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grayman said:

They are backing off for everyone. Game , set , match . Bring on spring . See you guys next year. Yes I’m dumb enough to come back . Oh wait Feb will save us.  We suck at winter weather and I’m the biggest sucker on all. Rant over . 

Maybe this’ll be one of those storms that gets our hopes up, disappears for a few days, and then comes roaring back three days out.  I’m still going to hold out hope for this particular time period.  The signal has been hinted at off and on for two weeks.