• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

Whining thread more active than any other thread lol. I told myself last night no model watching for 2 days. Woke up and checked out the 6z Gfs. I’m a total weenie but can’t find the hot dogs or the bun. #cliffdriving. Late January 26th to 30th will save us lol 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Whining thread more active than any other thread lol. I told myself last night no model watching for 2 days. Woke up and checked out the 6z Gfs. I’m a total weenie but can’t find the hot dogs or the bun. #cliffdriving. Late January 26th to 30th will save us lol 

Next year will save us, rinse and repeat. I think global warming will make it more difficult to see snow in NC and surrounding states. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Next year will save us, rinse and repeat. I think global warming will make it more difficult to see snow in NC and surrounding states. 

I swear that might be true. Living in southern NC I have about thrown in the towel. Need a southern slider to save me

I’m pulling myself back up from off the cliff. I actually like these type systems showing on the models today. No powerhouses but no that also means less warm nose. If we can work out the timing we have 3 straight opportunities in a row. Well, maybe I’ve had one too many bourbon drinks and reality will hit home in the am. I’ll go to bed optimistic at least!

2 minutes ago, Avdave said:

This is North Carolina outside of the mountains.  Snow is a rarity. 

I would not sat rarity. RDU average is 4 inches per year. I think people are frustrated because many of us have had very little the last two winters going on 3. 

44 minutes ago, Grayman said:

I would not sat rarity. RDU average is 4 inches per year. I think people are frustrated because many of us have had very little the last two winters going on 3. 

4" isnt a lot. I know to the true NC residents it is, but it is rare to get 4-6" a year in Raleigh area. If I were from here I wouldnt expect a few inches of snow each year. Its tough to get that every year here

12 minutes ago, Avdave said:

4" isnt a lot. I know to the true NC residents it is, but it is rare to get 4-6" a year in Raleigh area. If I were from here I wouldnt expect a few inches of snow each year. Its tough to get that every year here

Agree but most of us have been blanked going on year 3. I’m just pointing out why people are whining in “ the whining thread” logical talk are in other topics lol. Now back to the whining ladies and gents

1 hour ago, Avdave said:

It’s going on 3 winters in a row without a single storm. The early December one was ok but for many on this board most of it was washed away by the evening. You had to be awake before 7 am to see snow fall that day in most areas from Raleigh south. Even in bad winters, we usually have ice events or major storms that others on this board capitalize on, that hasn’t happened in so long many are losing hope. Even a major system where the rain/snow line is even in N.C. hasn’t happened. And it’s not just N.C. Look at that mid Atlantic. The northeast got a good snow but that’s been it. That’s the difference imho, it’s not just Raleigh, it’s the lack of anything on the east coast with nothing remotely interesting to track besides flurries or snow showers. Getting even harder to be a snow lover here

3 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

It’s going on 3 winters in a row without a single storm. The early December one was ok but for many on this board most of it was washed away by the evening. You had to be awake before 7 am to see snow fall that day in most areas from Raleigh south. Even in bad winters, we usually have ice events or major storms that others on this board capitalize on, that hasn’t happened in so long many are losing hope. Even a major system where the rain/snow line is even in N.C. hasn’t happened. And it’s not just N.C. Look at that mid Atlantic. The northeast got a good snow but that’s been it. That’s the difference imho, it’s not just Raleigh, it’s the lack of anything on the east coast with nothing remotely interesting to track besides flurries or snow showers. Getting even harder to be a snow lover here

Again though it is North Carolina. Snow isnt common and ice isnt common every year. That is what I am saying. If someone is a snow lover this isnt the place to be, thats for sure. No one can control mother nature, it will do what it wants.  but to me, it is funny at times when people complain they arent getting any snow/ice here. 

18 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Again though it is North Carolina. Snow isnt common and ice isnt common every year. That is what I am saying. If someone is a snow lover this isnt the place to be, thats for sure. No one can control mother nature, it will do what it wants.  but to me, it is funny at times when people complain they arent getting any snow/ice here. 

But this is the same issue we are facing the DC area too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

But this is the same issue we are facing the DC area too

I know, I moved here from Leesburg, LOL.  But we had a helluva run in the DMV from 2009-2016. More than doubled what Dulles's average is some seasons. I enjoyed winter there iun Leesburg, I actually miss it there

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

I know, I moved here from Leesburg, LOL.  But we had a helluva run in the DMV from 2009-2016. More than doubled what Dulles's average is some seasons. I enjoyed winter there iun Leesburg, I actually miss it there

Leesburg’s snow climate is a world of difference from DC/Arlington’s.

• Like 1

I  got 8 inches 2 years ago on that Sunday morning and 2 more the next day about 4 miles north of RDU.  Last year we got 3 inches.  The year before was 8 inches.  Yes, Raleigh south has been low.  My oldest son at State just got 2 inches from the December 2018 event that I got 10 inches.  

Something will pop up at some point.