Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

52 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

"blockbuster pattern"

I do appreciate pattern recognition and the fact that it does matter and increase your chances but I also can’t remember a time when we actually got a storm with nothing showing up on the models. I don’t care about an 18z gfs one run fantasy storm or one euro run, but almost always for something to happen here it stays somewhat consistent on the models from the long to mid range. I believe even though we have a decent pattern, the lack of anything showing does not bode well. Then what happens when we lose this blocking? I really am beginning to wonder if we get an accumulating snowfall in my part of N.C. this year. I hate to be so negative but burning through our peak climo with temps on the upswing in a few weeks just plain sucks. I understand those who hate the whining and negativity on this thread board but at what point do you lose hope? Outside of a great snowstorm that turned to rain in early December two years ago and really tainted the system here, it’s been 25 straight months of nothing. No real threats, no near misses, nothing. We haven’t even fought the wake county rain/snow line during that time, there’s been no system even remotely close to making it a nowcast scenario. And no, that ULL does not count. Those are screwball systems. The system I got two inches out of last year was fun but a total consolation prize. That was not a snowstorm, just a rogue event in a putrid year. It didn’t even stick to the road. I know we live in the south and I know snow is the exception, not the norm, but the total lack of close calls, forecasting storm inside 3 days (we’ve known our fate on every system last 2+ years 5 days out), and obvious lack of snow has made this the toughest period as a snow lover in my life. 

Vent over, I feel better lol. Onto fabulous February

• Like 1

Ugh....the silence is deafening.  Its either Winter Cancel, or everyone is playing out their deepest superstitions by not talking about it.  Either way our winter is two days away from being half over.  (I view anything in March as icing on a very rare cake)  We're gonna need some serious halftime adjustments because our first half ended by dropping the ball before we crossed the goal line.  The fans are restless.

6 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I do appreciate pattern recognition and the fact that it does matter and increase your chances but I also can’t remember a time when we actually got a storm with nothing showing up on the models. I don’t care about an 18z gfs one run fantasy storm or one euro run, but almost always for something to happen here it stays somewhat consistent on the models from the long to mid range. I believe even though we have a decent pattern, the lack of anything showing does not bode well. Then what happens when we lose this blocking? I really am beginning to wonder if we get an accumulating snowfall in my part of N.C. this year. I hate to be so negative but burning through our peak climo with temps on the upswing in a few weeks just plain sucks. I understand those who hate the whining and negativity on this thread board but at what point do you lose hope? Outside of a great snowstorm that turned to rain in early December two years ago and really tainted the system here, it’s been 25 straight months of nothing. No real threats, no near misses, nothing. We haven’t even fought the wake county rain/snow line during that time, there’s been no system even remotely close to making it a nowcast scenario. And no, that ULL does not count. Those are screwball systems. The system I got two inches out of last year was fun but a total consolation prize. That was not a snowstorm, just a rogue event in a putrid year. It didn’t even stick to the road. I know we live in the south and I know snow is the exception, not the norm, but the total lack of close calls, forecasting storm inside 3 days (we’ve known our fate on every system last 2+ years 5 days out), and obvious lack of snow has made this the toughest period as a snow lover in my life. 

Vent over, I feel better lol. Onto fabulous February

Nice rant man! I couldn't have done better myself!

• Like 1