Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020-2021 LES Thread

josh_4184

51 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Kinda sad that the west side of Lake Michigan is seeing as much if not more LES than the east side this year.

Yea I was thinking such a waste of a warm Lake Mi  with the PV with this crappy 850 flow, had such potential if the winds weren't w or wsw like they have been the past 10 days. Now the lake is icing up so almost time to put a lid of a terrible LES season for almost all the normal heavy hit areas. My area has the potential to be 60-80" down on average snow for the year. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Has anyone heard from Bo lately? It's been awfully quiet from the yooper.

I was thinking about this also last week, I always enjoy his updates from up there. I will say my brothers n sisters n laws, yes 4 of them, are up snowmobiling out of a little town called Christmas this weekend, they rode over to Big Bay, Bo’s area, Friday and said the snow was pretty thin. They said there was more snow east and south compared to that area. Very strange year snow wise in MI. The bartender in some hole n the wall place they stopped at told them they were 100” below normal for snow this season so far. We chased fresh snow yesterday snowmobiling here at Higgins, we rode west to the Kalkaska area and found awesome fresh snow to play in. They picked up 8-12 inches Friday, found places where it was half way between my knee and waist deep and I’m 6’ tall with my boots on. Made for awesome snowmobiling considering how below normal snowfall wise most areas are up here.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from my snowmobiling trip up in the UP. Was up in Munising/Grand Marais. I know it’s been a poor winter there but conditions were still good
Same. Thursday ride from Wetmore to Paradise yielded 250 miles. Rode on pavement and gravel for blocks in Newberry to fuel up. Returned further north via Grand Marqis. Other than Newberry, 80% of that ride was just fine for what they were dealing with.

Rode through Marquette on Saturday. Group was laughing as we did a few football fields worth of grass and cooked the hyfax right along the lakefront.

Had some overheating issues too - will need to add ice scratchers next time if conditions are ever the same. Still had some beautiful scenery.

c62e29718bb6ffe0c888a31d5a5a0fee.jpg51400a589588b17c27ec8b2c459b91a0.jpg37a157c0a1e8fd7c75a404f8ef2e8d64.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kevlon62 said:

Same. Thursday ride from Wetmore to Paradise yielded 250 miles. Rode on pavement and gravel for blocks in Newberry to fuel up. Returned further north via Grand Marqis. Other than Newberry, 80% of that ride was just fine for what they were dealing with.

Rode through Marquette on Saturday. Group was laughing as we did a few football fields worth of grass and cooked the hyfax right along the lakefront.

Had some overheating issues too - will need to add ice scratchers next time if conditions are ever the same. Still had some beautiful scenery.

c62e29718bb6ffe0c888a31d5a5a0fee.jpg51400a589588b17c27ec8b2c459b91a0.jpg37a157c0a1e8fd7c75a404f8ef2e8d64.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Miners castle on that last one! Was there on Saturday.