• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020-2021 LES Thread

josh_4184

Potentially looking at our first decent LES event of the season beginning tomorrow night through the holiday weekend. Certainly not the best setup for NWL and the UP but the bar has been set low. SWL is looking decent as well. Does not appear we have had a dedicated LES thread in a couple years, obviously we do not have a lot of members in the LES belts but thought I would start one again anyway.

Tab4FileL.png?5bfef33eaa53e678dc88243327

• Like 3

Once the Christmas season has passed I would love to do a lake effect snow chase. I plan to  take lots of walks in the snow throughout winter as well as a trip north in Feb. But chasing some Lake effect would really be fun and something I've never done. Between working from home and not being able to do much with this damn pandemic, great year to do it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

What would be some good spots if I were to go (Buffalo region) 

The jackpot looks to be right where I live currently Hamburg, NY. Lots of places to stay here. We are a large town with over 60k people. (lots of hotels) You can stay right near exit 57 on the I90 NYS thruway, which is about 1/2 from my house.

The best christmas gift :snowwindow:

image.thumb.png.3095d5b52adc69e12fc39aec200c2d8a.png

Tonight
Rain before 11pm, then snow and sleet between 11pm and midnight, then snow after midnight. Low around 28. West wind 10 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Christmas Day
Snow before 8am, then snow showers likely between 8am and 4pm, then snow after 4pm. High near 29. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow before 8pm, then snow showers after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Saturday Night
Snow showers, mainly before 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday
A chance of snow showers before 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 50%
  • Like 2

They boosted our totals once again.

That's 17-31" :mapsnow:
image.thumb.png.ec2fcc0f53c9f28c7deea449f2e9106d.png

Tonight
Snow. Low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Christmas Day
Snow. High near 29. West wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Southwest wind 15 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. West wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday
A chance of snow showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sbnwx85 said:

HRRR zoning in on a single, intense band of snow setting up for a few hours overnight downwind of Lake Michigan. Someone lucky is going to get buried Christmas morning!

0087A1F9-8728-4DD1-8B6B-443EF3806175.png

35A17C52-1552-417D-8CA4-20A2076D51DA.png

I might even get some scraps, aka mood flakes down here. Mood flakes aren't a bad thing on Christmas morning.

• Like 2

Congrats and nice pics sbnwx85. LM snow belt getting hammered.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
813 AM EST FRI DEC 25 2020

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0800 AM     HEAVY SNOW       SAINT JOSEPH            42.10N 86.49W
12/25/2020  M11.0 INCH       BERRIEN            MI   TRAINED SPOTTER  

SNOW CONTINUES TO FALL. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
431 PM EST FRI DEC 25 2020

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT SOUTH BEND...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 11.8 INCHES WAS SET AT SOUTH BEND TODAY. THIS 
SNOWFALL TOTAL WAS THROUGH 400 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON. THIS BREAKS 
THE OLD RECORD OF 6.0 INCHES SET IN 2015 FOR DECEMBER 25TH.
  • Like 2