• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Rochester doesn’t look to get more than passing snow showers with this potential pattern. I think we could start inching into record territory for lowest snowfall this year.

I’m already planning to travel into some snow again in the coming weeks so I can work with this pattern!  Would love to see another SW wind event for Erie. Easy to chase and best rates around. Chasing east of Lake Ontario is much more difficult, there are so few roads and towns. Much more dangerous too. 

• Like 3

I am giving up on my chances of snowmobiling/winter here in the Roc/Buf area, my attention is full blown on Tug and ADK. I would have to think with being down wind of the lake and the elevation for added cold we see winter/snow coming up. At least my fingers are crossed we do haha.

49 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

I am giving up on my chances of snowmobiling/winter here in the Roc/Buf area, my attention is full blown on Tug and ADK. I would have to think with being down wind of the lake and the elevation for added cold we see winter/snow coming up. At least my fingers are crossed we do haha.

So is everyone else.  First snow there will be a smash up derby with everyone scratching at the same patch of snow.  As usual. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

Ain't that the truth cleetus...we rented a place in Old Forge for the month of February. Hopeful that things pan out 2nd half this month and can ride the wave into at least the first half of February....

I have a camp there.  I plan to skip the first big weekend.  Lots of first timers out with 850s who will make mistakes.  Will try midweek riding more often this year.  

• Like 1

The thing that irks me with the 12Z runs is it's like everything gets held back from reaching the East Coast. The lows/waves almost seem to get stuck...over the Northern/Central Great Lakes. Then the Euro brings in a system just as the SE ridge tries to perk up and we rain. The waves look real odd on the GGEM. To my eyes, it just looks like a continued mess.

30 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I have a camp there.  I plan to skip the first big weekend.  Lots of first timers out with 850s who will make mistakes.  Will try midweek riding more often this year.  

Once I graduated high school, 18 yrs ago I swore I’d never weekend ride up there again. All mid week riding, the difference was amazing...

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Rochester doesn’t look to get more than passing snow showers with this potential pattern. I think we could start inching into record territory for lowest snowfall this year.

I’m already planning to travel into some snow again in the coming weeks so I can work with this pattern!  Would love to see another SW wind event for Erie. Easy to chase and best rates around. Chasing east of Lake Ontario is much more difficult, there are so few roads and towns. Much more dangerous too. 

We would love to have you!!! 

13 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

If Buffalo was able to put even a little pressure on Rivers this game wouldn’t have been as close. 0 sacks for the Bills. 

This.  Colts line is good or else rivers wouldn’t play there but still we should have been able to stop them with some sacks.  Colts made a major error going for it on a 4th and goal instead of a FG.  Ball has a funny shape.  Bills win.