• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

A great pattern for upstate if it comes with cold air, the best one actually.

I agree. Would be the best pattern for you especially given the trough orientation. Only 2% ice cover right now with the Lakes running exceptionally warm. 

I think a big lake effect outbreak could be on tap after next weekend. You deserve it after that shitty December. 

20 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

I agree. Would be the best pattern for you especially given the trough orientation. Only 2% ice cover right now with the Lakes running exceptionally warm. 

I think a big lake effect outbreak could be on tap after next weekend. You deserve it after that shitty December. 

If you like winter conditions its really a good pattern for all. It provides consistent cold. I'm not sure if that's what we're even going to get as the cold keeps getting pushed farther back and not as potent, so we will see. But 2-4" every couple of days adds up with the occasional 4-8" clipper with lake effect behind it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

If we get inside 2-3 days and it looks like potential still exists I may consider chasing this. I don’t know much about LES synoptic setups but what kind of potential you guys think looking at for late next week?

Check back in about 7-10 days. Nothing at all noteworthy for quite awhile.

Such a good pattern, lets hope GFS is right
image.thumb.png.3919d1a7fa19539e50bf46a33a1b97dd.png
Classic -NAO map right there and if we can get that HP to migrate just a tad bit further West into WC Canada, then it would be a coupled -NAO + -EPO, with an added -AO +PNA, yowzers that would be EPIC. It would definitely bring the COLD fo sho, but that's not the issue if this in fact does come to fruition, we need moisture, and in such a cold pattern it's sometimes hard to come by. At least we have part of the equation solved, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I’ve kind of lost track of the CFL. Do you still have the Hamilton Tiger Cats?

Yep, Hamilton still has the tiger cats and Toronto the Argos. The CFL had to miss the entire season in 2020 and they hope to play in 2021. 

Im a Bills season ticket holder but I still do occasionally watch the CFL in the summer and almost always tune in for the Grey Cup. I know ESPN plays the Grey Cup but I was surprised when I was in Pennsylvania a few summers ago and saw ESPN playing a regular season CFL game haha. I watched it mostly because I was amazed they were showing it 

Edit* I hated the Toronto series the Bills did. I understand why they did it, but I hated it haha. 

• Like 1

So the old lady who is a sales manager at RAC ordered 4 NFL rugs, Bills, Packers, cowboys and giants..Well the first 3 sold within a couple of weeks but I guess people are to embarrassed to be giants fans these days lol

Long story short I'm the proud owner of a new giants rug :lol: I had to take one for the team..

PXL_20210108_024555756.jpg.37a569a48b4ef

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm so excited and nervous. I feel pretty confident against the Colts thinking 28-17.

Honestly Reich concerns me. I look back at his career not only with the bills as a player but also as the offensive coordinator for philly when they beat the pats. Everyone gives Pedersen the credit as head coach but that team had not been the same since he left and to boot that’s when Wentz was an MVP candidate and Foles won the super bowl...how have their careers been since? Reich has a hall of fame QB to work with and a very strong running game. This game will be a 4th quarter game for sure 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Honestly Reich concerns me. I look back at his career not only with the bills as a player but also as the offensive coordinator for philly when they beat the pats. Everyone gives Pedersen the credit as head coach but that team had not been the same since he left and to boot that’s when Wentz was an MVP candidate and Foles won the super bowl...how have their careers been since? Reich has a hall of fame QB to work with and a very strong running game. This game will be a 4th quarter game for sure 

You’re making me nervous!  But good points. Need our offense to stay hot, then nothing Frank can draw up to stop us. Go Bills!  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

You’re making me nervous!  But good points. Need our offense to stay hot, then nothing Frank can draw up to stop us. Go Bills!  

I mean I’m a realist by nature so I look at things at an honest level. Bills are the better team so a victory is not a surprise here. 

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Behind each northern stream disturbance it's cold enough for LES as it stands now.. Nothing crazy cold but cold enough..

1906277344_c82b5223-5184-4498-b2b7-c1aa3

Yeah its peak climo. Any negative departure on that map is well below freezing here. Also the cold is far enough out still to be using ENS instead of OP runs and they all still seem pretty favorable for a decent pattern, not great but workable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

12Z GFS runs continue the 20-21 trend. Nothing outside if the SW/W LES snow belts (through after next weekend) and the GFS 16 shows the BGM - Catskills snowfall.

I know it seems that way but us and the buffalo crew have seen like 1 good LES event this year.. Even with the LES event on the 26th we have about the same amount of snow as syracuse and obviously pulaski averages more so technically it's been even worse here lol

• Like 1