Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Even clippers hate Matt :P

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_32.png

LOL! The tropics of Upstate.

58 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Too soon for pessimism but if the clippers all go north of the lakes as depicted on GFS, Rochester to Syracuse (but definitely Rochester) would be completely skunked. Given our luck this winter, I expect this will be the pattern! Lol

Gah. We've had a horrible theme with all Low pressures being attracted to the Great Lakes (often North) this past decade.

21 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

LOL! The tropics of Upstate.

Gah. We've had a horrible theme with all Low pressures being attracted to the Great Lakes (often North) this past decade.

Looking up the word “gah”...ahhh here it is “to be fully and unconditionally hexed by forces from another world (or state of Michigan) that can only be reversed by abolishing said hex”...now if we could just find that force...

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

We do see some snow from clipper 1 (D7).. Clipper 2 had a nice swath of snow, just need it north..

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2021-01-06T140735.391.png

We normally get one good clipper to “bullseye” the CWA before they get suppressed south. I believe this will be our clipper when the models hone in further in time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vortmax said:

At least they aren't trying to burn down the building like in Seattle and Portland... 

Ok...If someone can make an intelligent argument based in reality on why these protests are justified I’ll recant the “sad” comment. Dozens of court decisions confirming the legitimacy of the election seems pretty airtight, but maybe I’m missing something...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Looking up the word “gah”...ahhh here it is “to be fully and unconditionally hexed by forces from another world (or state of Michigan) that can only be reversed by abolishing said hex”...now if we could just find that force...

I'll show you a "force"......... :P :) 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2021 at 2:48 PM, DeltaT13 said:

Another interesting fact for this bizarre winter.  It has been anomalously cloudy.  The last day in Rochester that was considered "Mostly Sunny" was November 10!!  Almost 2 full months since we had a sunny day.  My one weather station that has no battery backup and relies solely on solar power has basically stopped working aside from the most barebone functions, pretty shitty timing for me to set that one up.  I honestly can't remember it ever being this cloudy for this long.  Just weeks and weeks of low clouds....and not a damn snowflake to show for it.  

Think I see our first Mostly Sunny day potential this weeekend??

Tonight
Scattered flurries before 1am, then scattered flurries after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind around 11 mph.
Thursday
A chance of flurries and freezing drizzle before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
Thursday Night
Cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind around 7 mph.
Friday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
Wednesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

First thing, feel better BUF Weather/Rich!

Second thing, what’s happening right now in DC is off the hook. Sad, really...

Get Better BW!  

Did everyone get the big “no politics” red warning banner?  Crazy stuff going on! Well at least we got the Bills and some good looking winter weather on the horizon to keep us distracted! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck BW.  It sounds like you might know the culprit so hopefully you now know how to address it. 

I feel bad for a lot of you guys.  It has been a very wintry few days in the NW Catskills.  +/-5in of wet snow Sunday, snow still clinging to all the trees (above about 1,500ft), new 1/2” of snow every day to keep it fresh. Cold and sunny this weekend should make for a nice weekend to play in the snow with the kids!  Not quite enough to really snowmobile, but enough for the kids to buzz around the fields and have fun sledding on the hills. Hopefully we can all start cashing in soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Good luck BW.  It sounds like you might know the culprit so hopefully you now know how to address it. 

I feel bad for a lot of you guys.  It has been a very wintry few days in the NW Catskills.  +/-5in of wet snow Sunday, snow still clinging to all the trees (above about 1,500ft), new 1/2” of snow every day to keep it fresh. Cold and sunny this weekend should make for a nice weekend to play in the snow with the kids!  Not quite enough to really snowmobile, but enough for the kids to buzz around the fields and have fun sledding on the hills. Hopefully we can all start cashing in soon!

Nice! We have had 1 inch (or slightly more) on the ground at most 10 days this cold season. Half of those days, it's been a sloppy mess of the snow melting. I think Rochester has had it even worse.