• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

27 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Crazy Texans vs Titans game.. Texans are pretty entertaining for a bad team lol Looks like the bills will be playing the colts? 

Philadelphia is missing 9 players tonight so it's going to be hard to beat washington, either way I'll be getting drunk lol

Derrick Henry is a stud and think the Bills may have the Steelers?  Nope- you were correct- the Colts coming to Buffalo.

• Like 2

Snowing real nicely here in West Monroe as I head to work in boonville. I'm just hoping the whole ride is not snowy but the way it looks to me 29 degrees foggy snow is falling moderately and the roads are covered. I guess I will have to live vicariously through work for the next three four weeks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

This winter is illustrating how much of our snowfall is dependent on lake effect. Without the cold and the lakes, I wonder if we’d have much snow at all? What would be the annual without Erie and Ontario? 

Just take a 30 minute cruise down the 390 for that answer.  Places from Avon to Dansville commonly received 40-60" a year (in a good year!).  That seems reasonable if we removed all lake influences.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

This winter is illustrating how much of our snowfall is dependent on lake effect. Without the cold and the lakes, I wonder if we’d have much snow at all? What would be the annual without Erie and Ontario? 

That’s interesting.  I am from Elmira and down there they get ZERO lake effect even from long Georgian bay streamers.  Binghamton can catch those while Elmira does not.  So Elmira gets basically clippers, swfs, and possibly fringes of coastals,  once in a blue moon they get the apps runner, and the weaker part of a Miller b since those are usually transferring just underneath the southern tier.  Their average is 40 inches or so.  That might be a baseline synoptic only average, plus or minus, for the western NY region.  It’s a snow hole compared to anyone that gets lake effect.