• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

32 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Up early this year (dogs not kids for once) eyeballing 5 to 6 and still snowing. A little pessimistic about the lake effect later tonight and tomorrow as the NWS says it’s not sure how far north the band will make it but looking at 6 to 12 if it does late tomorrow morning into the afternoon...wait and see I suppose 

I think we have a chance to see it in the metro this evening and then again tomorrow during the late morning/afternoon. Besides that it should stay to our south. Haven’t measured but looks to be about the same as you eyeballing. 

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to all !! 

Same pattern for years, cutter followed by lake effect followed by another cutter and more lake effect lol 

A dry start to Sunday night will quickly come to an end as weak low
pressure moves by to the northwest swinging a cold front through the
area. This will bring some rain and snow showers to the region along
with some windy conditions for later Sunday night into Monday. These
winds will eventually usher in the next chilly airmass along with
the chance for lake effect snow east and southeast of the Lakes from
Monday afternoon through at least a portion of Tuesday depending on
how quickly a large area of high pressure builds in across the area
from the west

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_17.png

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_18 (4).png

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas and congratulations to the Buffalo folks!  

We just endured a pretty spectacular meltdown over the past 24-36 hours.  30” of snow a week ago compacted down to about 18” by Wednesday morning, and then steady southerly winds started Wednesday afternoon and continued through this morning.  The rain started in the early afternoon yesterday and washed almost everything white away.  Only snow piles and drifts remain.  Basement is flooded and water is running full in ditches and across the fields and lawn.  Aside from damaging weather (wind, freezing rain, etc.), this had to be the most miserable Christmas Eve and Christmas Day weather possible.  

We picked the wrong year to give our kids a snowmobile for Christmas...

Edit: I just saw that we hit 56° some time after midnight!  Down to a frigid 50° at 8:48am.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Merry Christmas and congratulations to the Buffalo folks!  We just endured a pretty spectacular meltdown over the past 24-36 hours.  30” of snow a week ago compacted down to about 18” by Wednesday morning, and then steady southerly winds started Wednesday afternoon and continued through this morning.  The rain started in the early afternoon yesterday and washed almost everything white away.  Only snow piles and drifts remain.  Basement is flooded and water is running full in ditches and across the fields and lawn.  Aside from damaging weather (wind, freezing rain, etc.), this had to be the most miserable Christmas Eve and Christmas Day weather possible.  

We picked the wrong year to give our kids a snowmobile for Christmas...

Don't feel bad just about every year except one or two have been the wrong year to own a snowmobile in this past decade, ask me how I know :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, WNash said:

Ugh, condolences. I remember when the November 2014 snowpack in the south towns vanished like a fart in the wind, but mid December snow should have more staying power.

I remember November of 2015 when co-workers of mine who lived in the Lancaster area of Buffalo, got up to 5 feet of snow. Only to have it all gone in about a weeks time (give or take I don't remember for sure.)

Congratulations to Western New York on their white Christmas.

Here in Cazenovia, I took several measurements throughout the night.  At 8PM, we had no snow falling and 0" OTG.  At midnight, I took several measurements throughout the yard, to  account for drifting.  All 3 measurements were 0".  I woke up late this morning, and was surprised to see no snow on the ground, but knew it had had to have snowed overnight, but then some warm noise re-melted it all....so I'm gonna estimate we got about a foot in a short period, but it all melted. :blink::P

Merry Christmas!

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like Syracuse has some snow falling right now. Semi-White Christmas? :P

Models show winter trolling the Cuse for the next week. Snowfall abyss.

Merry Christmas to all!

Yes, it is actually snowing here, finally. I would say a slight slushy accumulation mainly on raised surfaces. It'll be enough to register a "T" on my CoCorahs logs tomorrow. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas!!

5” of paste here. Looks amazing clinging to the tree branches. 

I think the GFS did a good job with this storm. Seems like we tracked it forever...but GFS consistently showed snow in WNY as a storm road up the cold front with rain issues from ROC east. Pretty impressive for 7-day lead time. 

• Like 1