• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

Our Canadian friends have fared no better this Christmas, with the current temp at Goose Bay, Labrador at 43 F:

Upper Lake Melville (1)
Logo for Environment Canada

Rainfall Warning

5:10 AM AST, Thursday, December 24

2:39 AM AST, Saturday, December 26

Source: Environment Canada

Rain and record high temperatures are on the way.

Total rainfall: 20 to 35 mm with higher localized amounts possible, especially over higher terrain.

Locations: western and central Labrador.

Time span: continuing until overnight tonight for the heaviest rain but showers or periods of rain may continue until Sunday morning.

Remarks: Record high temperatures are forecast for today and Saturday.  The rain combined with these unseasonably high temperatures will lead to significant snowmelt and increased runoff leading to a greater chance for flooding.

Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.

Rainfall warnings are issued when significant rainfall is expected.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #NLwx.

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The snow annihilation is as impressive as gets.  I went out at 11pm with a full pack.  Gone save for piles by 1AM.  Piles may well be gone by midnight.

This was an all-time great Grinch.  I almost always maintain a pack through these and I will be down to a couple of piles, if that.

• Like 2

2.30" thru 4 PM but wind thankfully underperformed here - maybe gusted into the 30s.  Snow down to traces, which should all be gone before sunrise - worst pack-eater RA since Jan 1995.  Lots of warnings for minor/moderate flooding  around central Mine and NH , with the Kennebec forecast to crest more than 5' above flood stage in Augusta - not just washing the parking lots but may get into some businesses on the river side of Water Street.

• Like 1