Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ya’ but mostly a few hundred feet above my house.  You are going to roar. 

It was really inverted here for a while, the upper mountain was ripping south winds.  Even at 7am recorded wind gusts of 58mph and 53mph were seen by the Quad top and Gondola top stations.  Down below 2,500ft it was pretty much calm as the wind stayed up high.  This afternoon though it started breaking the inversion with a few gusts developing between periods of calm at 4pm down low at 1500ft.

All day has basically been 30G50+ at the MMNV1 station.  Well modeled though as it increases to near 70kts+ tomorrow morning.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Temperature is now rising fast.  Up to 47F.    I got a 11" pack to melt.  It's fairly dense as it started off with 24" or so the other day and there has been limited melting.  Let's see what 2.75" of rain and  30 hours above freezing can do.   I hear that roar starting in the trees.

pack.jpg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It was really inverted here for a while, the upper mountain was ripping south winds.  Even at 7am recorded wind gusts of 58mph and 53mph were seen by the Quad top and Gondola top stations.  Down below 2,500ft it was pretty much calm as the wind stayed up high.  This afternoon though it started breaking the inversion with a few gusts between periods of calm at 4pm down low at 1500ft.

Doubtful we can mix much destruction down to my 400’ locale.   I’m sure I will get woken up tonight by a few gusts that set the dog a barkin’. 
Congrats CT and RI on  the power outages. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Temperature is now rising fast.  Up to 47F.    I got a 11" pack to melt.  It's fairly dense as it started off with 24" or so the other day and there has been limited melting.  Let's see what 2.75" of rain and  30 hours above freezing can do.   I hear that roar starting in the trees.

Same depth as the top of Mount Mansfield probably, ha!

Daily Hydrometeorological Data
National Weather Service Burlington VT
458 PM EST Thu Dec 24 2020

Station            Precip   Temperature   Present         Snow
                   24 Hrs   Max Min Cur   Weather     New Total SWE
...Vermont...
Mount Mansfield     0.00    38  22  37                     13

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Should start ripping 50+ around 2;00 AM with 60+ between say 4 or 5:00 AM till 8-9. There’ll be a 1-2 hour window of strongest winds in there . Probably within an hour or two of the squall line . Up there may be a bit different though 

Ok nice. Yeah you'll gust a good 20 MPH better than me

1 minute ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Perhaps so....something with the algorithm? I have seen this happen before, here’s an example from May. The areas shown weren’t reporting any form of returns. 

42017473-0277-4990-B8B8-0B516C5891D4.jpeg

I remember seeing something similar I think out in CO once. Took me forever of searching to figure out what it was. gahhhh

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I remember seeing something similar I think out in CO once. Took me forever of searching to figure out what it was. gahhhh

Matter of fact...copy/pasted from metro forum.

KDOX issue:

Dec 24 2020 22:42:02

Dover AFB Radar (KDOX) is currently experiencing some data quality errors due to an ongoing equipment issue.  While velocity (V) data appears representative, reflectivity data (Z) is running high/"hot". Technicians have been notified and will continue to troubleshoot the radar over the coming days. Please use this data with caution for the time being. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience 

• Thanks 1