Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For eastern areas of SNE the big rains and front have been getting pushed back day after day. 

Yeah I’m thinking our pack survives overnight now...it really will release very fast once that warm rain gets into it but we’re gonna have to wait until tomorrow for the heavy rains. 

Weve actually dropped a few degrees since earlier...peaked at 53F and now back to 48F. 

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m thinking our pack survives overnight now...it really will release very fast once that warm rain gets into it but we’re gonna have to wait until tomorrow for the heavy rains. 

Weve actually dropped a few degrees since earlier...peaked at 53F and now back to 48F. 

On WU you can see from the 93/89 interchange a hair west of Concord following 89 NW to New London there is a pocket of 33-42 Degree temps 15-20 miles either side of that highway.  Laconia and Jackson also holding on to mid 30's

Any new wind map coming from BOX? Despite how much I despise this cutter I’m interested in how the winds going to behave, and how this will stack up to October 2017. It still frustrates me how little info and analysis is out there on that storm, I want to say @OceanStWx commented something similar this week about that storm as well. It was such an anomalous wind event for the Merrimack Valley. I just have a hard time believing LWM is going to blow to 65. Kind of a “I’ll believe it when I see it type deal” after living there for 25 years and seeing almost every single high wind warning fall short of criteria. It seemed like I hit advisory/warning criteria more often when I wasn’t under a wind advisory or warning for what it’s worth. 

The 60-65 box i have boxed in seems overdone while the 65-70 in SE mass I have no problem with. 

DF043E39-10B7-4894-AAE5-398E842A3548.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Any new wind map coming from BOX? Despite how much I despise this cutter I’m interested in how the winds going to behave, and how this will stack up to October 2017. It still frustrates me how little info and analysis is out there on that storm, I want to say @OceanStWx commented something similar this week about that storm as well. It was such an anomalous wind event for the Merrimack Valley. I just have a hard time believing LWM is going to blow to 65. Kind of a “I’ll believe it when I see it type deal” after living there for 25 years and seeing almost every single high wind warning fall short of criteria. It seemed like I hit advisory/warning criteria more often when I wasn’t under a wind advisory or warming for what it’s worth. 

The 60-65 box i have boxed in seems overdone while the 65-70 in SE mass I have no problem with. 

DF043E39-10B7-4894-AAE5-398E842A3548.jpeg

GYX not as impressed up here.

image.png

43 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Pack hung in there today during an all out assault. Hoping for a back door cover on a White Christmas but not holding my breath. 

9:15am

vacN50e.jpg

4:15pm

HHUdpFg.jpg

That looks like it’s prob toast by tomorrow AM. Too many holes already in the pack on that field.  

• Weenie 1