Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

All things we discussed unfortunately are coming to fruition, fine line convection and dry slot. F Me

Yeah definitely becoming more of a concern. And this is why I was more conservative with thoughts on wind...but if this convection does verify with that leading dry slot we are screwed...well especially out your way. There is some possibility though that the majority of the line end up passing more of E CT (which screws you but would be some better news for much of the state). 

2 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Can’t recall a storm in the recent past(and we have had some high wind events) where Eversource called ahead and said expect to lose power and potentially for multiple days. This blows. No pun intended, lol.

I think it’s a combination of making up for their poor restoration efforts earlier in the year and also being Christmas/cold

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’ll be gone by dark . It’s literally vaporizing now 

Since I prescribe to the notion of a white Christmas being one where snow is on the ground but not necessarily falling on Christmas, if I still have snow on the ground at 12:01am tonight can it still count as a white Christmas?

(Asking for a weenie)

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

For Wiz:

I wonder if there is a small window to develop some discrete convection ahead of the main rain shield. There are subtle hints this is possible. Those 3km CAPE values aren't too terrible but it is also possible the shear is just too strong and those value might not be enough for updrafts to fully establish...or at least not enough to utilize the dynamics. 

29 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Part of it too is I think they've probably been heavily briefed on this for several days. I mean this storm signal has been there for a week. They've certainly had plenty of lead time

They had that with Isias too. If we have another statewide power failure starting tomorrow...what else is left for 2020 to bone us with?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

They had that with Isias too. If we have another statewide power failure starting tomorrow...what else is left for 2020 to bone us with?

Well it's been quite a while since we've had a major ice storm. 

Thus far we had Isaias, tornado event/RFD induced damage, parts of the state nailed by the serial derecho, widespread 10-12'' snowstorm, let's put 2020 on....ice :devilsmiley:

• Like 1