• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
AMZ8990

Just looking at the 500 vort map stuff, looks like the front on the GFS/NAM combo is a lot stronger than most of the other models.  It is pulling the storm well west...just not sure how believable that is, but also illustrates just how difficult this is to get right.  "Low confidence" has been my phrase all week.  Yep...pretty much.

1 minute ago, Carvers Gap said:

The 0z NAM at 39 is well west of the 18z run.  Just looks overly amped - like way over the top stuff.  It might be right...but it might not.

Yeah, I was curious how the sharper SREF trough would end up on the NAM. 

Pulls it right up the windward side of the Apps and cranks it back over eastern OH:

giphy.gif

Let's hypothesize for the moment, that this is pivot point on these runs. If this is the furthest west the NAM goes, is there a scenario where the MSLP tracks like this, and we split the difference between the east and west solutions:

VQCthPv.png

And, to be fair, the rum has had it's effect at this point and this could just be a :weenie:cast 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Yeah, I was curious how the sharper SREF trough would end up on the NAM. 

Pulls it right up the windward side of the Apps and cranks it back over eastern OH:

giphy.gif

Let's hypothesize for the moment, that this is pivot point on these runs. If this is the furthest west the NAM goes, is there a scenario where the MSLP tracks like this, and we split the difference between the east and west solutions:

VQCthPv.png

And, to be fair, the rum has had it's effect at this point and this could just be a :weenie:cast 

Think it is slightly too early to be using SREF plums and the NAM right now.  Might me right, but looks suspicious....

Just now, TellicoWx said:

I would believe it more than a deepening LP engaging the reverse and backing up lol

I think we are just looking at a model that is just now getting into range.  It could be a trend setter or it could be an outlier.  Just seems like the NAM's really amped line of storms is cutting off moisture transport behind the front, and thus lowering totals.  Is the cold front slower when diving into the front or is it a lack of moisture behind the line of storms?

10 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

I think we are just looking at a model that is just now getting into range.  It could be a trend setter or it could be an outlier.  Just seems like the NAM's really amped line of storms is cutting off moisture transport behind the front, and thus lowering totals.  Is the cold front slower when diving into the front or is it a lack of moisture behind the line of storms?

Soundings from Crossville and Athens after front passes thru @45 on the NAM..has a dry nose working in around the 700mb level

Screenshot_20201222-214441_Chrome.jpg

20201222_214612.jpg

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic