Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16 2020 CTP Snowstorm Disco and Obs

pasnownut

Just now, MAG5035 said:

That’s awesome. 20 is probably doable for you.

That main snow band is just sitting over rural Clinton and Lycoming. Renovo would probably be quite the place right now.

I have been saying a few times today while looking at the radar "renovo is getting hammered!"  my guess is they may take the cake for the highest total. 

US National Weather Service State College PA
51 seconds ago

Here are the highest reports snowfall totals as of 2AM. Heavy snow continues between I-80 and US-6 in North Central PA. Totals in excess of 2 feet are likely in northern Clinton and northern Lycoming counties where this band has been parked for several hours.
Full list of latest reports: https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php…
#PAwx
Thursday 12/17 @ 2:15AM

3 minutes ago, basehore said:
US National Weather Service State College PA
51 seconds ago

Here are the highest reports snowfall totals as of 2AM. Heavy snow continues between I-80 and US-6 in North Central PA. Totals in excess of 2 feet are likely in northern Clinton and northern Lycoming counties where this band has been parked for several hours.
Full list of latest reports: https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php…
#PAwx
Thursday 12/17 @ 2:15AM

I guess they didnt use my report...good luck hope you hit 30"

I just checked the radar.  Everything is green now, no more yellows.  Almost everything is north of Williamsport.  Weather Service says "Will likely be able to cancel winter storm warnings early." So that's it for my big storm.  I enjoyed reading all the comments, my thanks to all.

Etters, PA (northern York County)...9" total with a liquid equivalent of 0.98".  Had light sleet and very light snow for several hour period from about 6-10 pm or so.  Just not nearly as much precip fell as was being modeled by numerical guidance.  This storm very much underperformed for northern York County.  To be sure it was a good snow event and it's very wintry (and pretty) outside, but it most certainly was not what was being touted in terms of a winter storm of major proportions...Side note; the official observation at KMDT (9.3" as of midnight) for one of the few times had a greater snowfall than I am reporting!