Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16 2020 CTP Snowstorm Disco and Obs

pasnownut

up to 13.5 here....

love this nws grid forecast.

Detailed Forecast

Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 18. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.
Thursday
A chance of snow before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Change back to snow here began about 45 minutes ago.  Still some sleet but more snow now with big flakes.  I cleared off my board again and melted down the sleet.  The sleet measured 1.3" total and the sleet melted down to 0.43" of liquid!  Not far from 3:1 ratio.  So the 4 1/2 hours of sleet would have been 4" of snow had it not changed over.  So total liquid for the storm is now 1.04" which consisted of 5.5" of snow and 1.3" of sleet for a frozen total of 6.8".

Anxious to see if the big surprise it outside tomorrow morning when I get up.  NWS calling for 5 to 9 inches overnight.  Here's hoping.  Big congrats to everyone west of here that have scored big this event!