• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sereinwriter
    Newest Member
    sereinwriter

Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Idk about 40”. But we’re pushing 30” and will scratch and claw for 3ft.

well the angle of the band is slowly changing and it is still very very heavy here even though I'm probably 7-8 miles south of the best yellow band.  And there is no back edge nearby.  Even when it lightens up we still accumulate for a while.

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Mid level low curling in the goods. Yellow echoes just north of me on radar, but there’s quite a bit of drift south below the beam so it’s still rocking here at the sfc.

DDEECA9D-5EEB-4C92-B7E8-1D260C81819F.gif

LOL is that eagle me?  It is very near my location and I'm an Eagle fan.  I just noticed!

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

that snowblower looks like a little fisher price toy

And that thing is a beast!  I always told him it’s too much for Hudson Valley snow.

Really just weenie -SN that approaches moderate here and there. May be enough to eek us into double digits but mostly just mood snow at this point. 

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

well the angle of the band is slowly changing and it is still very very heavy here even though I'm probably 7-8 miles south of the best yellow band.  And there is no back edge nearby.  Even when it lightens up we still accumulate for a while.

Yeah we’ll see. We look pretty good for at least the next 2-3hrs.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

LOL is that eagle me?  It is very near my location and I'm an Eagle fan.  I just noticed!

Yeah the eagle is for your team. lol

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, SeanInWayland said:

Cool, I grew up there and my parents (well, my Mom) still lives right next to the University (Dad taught there). Where around Albany is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Delmar.  It borders the Albany city limits to the SW.

Just now, Lava Rock said:

why can't we ever score with totals like that? Closest we've come is 26"

Same for me, in Ft. Kent.  All the other places we've lived seem to have a 24" cap.

Did not even see a flake until 8 AM, 2/3 the way from home to Augusta.  Moderate SN here though lighter than 15 minutes ago, maybe 1".  Home front might get a dusting, about 40" less than BGM.  :o

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah the eagle is for your team. lol

That is most totally awesome!!!!!  You can all those little yellow blips that keep feeding in.  The GYX discussion is great.  30+ in the "extreme mesoscale band"  as it sits, sinks south and moves away.  That whole band still has  to get  past you before it lightens up.  40 is happening.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Delmar.  It borders the Albany city limits to the SW.

Sure, know it well. That's a great photo. BTW, my mom is waiting for my BIL to come over and snowblow her out. He has like a 100' driveway:( and is likely doing exactly what your Dad is doing right now

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Crushed.  15”

B1C8396F-2695-48B7-B9E8-E127E1C3FEFC.thumb.jpeg.47acaa678addac80f46e676221cfbf05.jpeg

I'm sorry but after what we have been witnessing with Dendrite, I don't think you're allowed to use the word "crushed" for a mere 15"

• Haha 3