Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Idk about 40”. But we’re pushing 30” and will scratch and claw for 3ft.

well the angle of the band is slowly changing and it is still very very heavy here even though I'm probably 7-8 miles south of the best yellow band.  And there is no back edge nearby.  Even when it lightens up we still accumulate for a while.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

well the angle of the band is slowly changing and it is still very very heavy here even though I'm probably 7-8 miles south of the best yellow band.  And there is no back edge nearby.  Even when it lightens up we still accumulate for a while.

Yeah we’ll see. We look pretty good for at least the next 2-3hrs.

Just now, Lava Rock said:

why can't we ever score with totals like that? Closest we've come is 26"

Same for me, in Ft. Kent.  All the other places we've lived seem to have a 24" cap.

Did not even see a flake until 8 AM, 2/3 the way from home to Augusta.  Moderate SN here though lighter than 15 minutes ago, maybe 1".  Home front might get a dusting, about 40" less than BGM.  :o

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah the eagle is for your team. lol

That is most totally awesome!!!!!  You can all those little yellow blips that keep feeding in.  The GYX discussion is great.  30+ in the "extreme mesoscale band"  as it sits, sinks south and moves away.  That whole band still has  to get  past you before it lightens up.  40 is happening.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Delmar.  It borders the Albany city limits to the SW.

Sure, know it well. That's a great photo. BTW, my mom is waiting for my BIL to come over and snowblow her out. He has like a 100' driveway:( and is likely doing exactly what your Dad is doing right now

44 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Lucky I got the insurance of a coastal front. We're usually guaranteed to not suck subsidence here. About a foot on the ground and the snow is super heavy.

Screenshot_20201217-090831_Gallery.jpg

I lived in Brighton on Cambridge STreet during the great winters of 1993/94 and 1995-96; that is the one scene from those winters I don't miss...was tough owning a car those winters, got towed a time or two