Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

5 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Lucky I got the insurance of a coastal front. We're usually guaranteed to not suck subsidence here. About a foot on the ground and the snow is super heavy.

Screenshot_20201217-090831_Gallery.jpg

Haha, I lived ini Somerville back in the April1st storm (I think it was '96), where we got about 2 feet of heavy wet. I had just moved there. There was nowhere to put the snow except carry it across the street. I went out for a coffee and some fu@#er took my spot. Made that mistake ONCE!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, pretty much nailed it.  Ended up a smidge NW, but had the band for a number of runs.  The weenie Kuchie maps will prob come to fruition in that band.

Kuchera ratios will definitely come to fruition in the meat of the band, because it’s actually producing pure dendrites at 15-20:1. Obviously you can’t broad brush Kuchera over the whole region.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

So taking the mesos into consideration for the northern extent of the banding: delusional or not delusional?

Asking for no excommunicated member of the subforum in particular.

@jbenedet just come back and take the loss, say you're sorry for being mean to us and trying to steal Dendrite's snow, and enjoy your gift from above.

• Haha 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Kuchera ratios will definitely come to fruition in the meat of the band, because it’s actually producing pure dendrites at 15-20:1. Obviously you can’t broad brush Kuchera over the whole region.

Agree totally.  Other spots not so much obviously outside of the weenie deform.