Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

Just now, wx2fish said:

It was consistently on the northern edge of guidance the last couple days too. 

This made me think....I just threw out the 2015 example to Luke on when things ended up a bit SE in a big coastal....but I remember the RGEM was a red flag in that it showed like 3 or 4 runs in a row of destroying ORH with the pivot instead of a bit further NW like a lot of other guidance and usually the RGEM is zonked.

1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

21" a few hours ago at 7am obs.  Prob added another 4-5" or so in past 2 hours. JSpin esque as depth is barely increasing.  Still Prob 1-2" per hour.

26-30" is almost unheard of here outside of higher Elevations on the East Slope of Greens.  Unreal.

Yeah this is unheard of here too. My highest since moving here was 21” in Jan 11. Oct 11 was my 2nd biggest with 19”. 

• Like 2

Best Rates for Binghamton.  
6” in 55 Minutes.  

18.5” in 3:25.  

For a Normal Storm of No Lake Effect.... 6” an hour is almost Unheard of.  But for someone Then to Catch that.... for over 3 hours??  And in a place that thought they would Totally Miss the storm 100 miles too far north a few days ago?  

This is an all-timer.  17 Hours = 42”.  

• Like 6

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. The h7 track was too north to have min 12+. I should have know but my kuchie goggles were on inside 24hr. 

I think that was part of the problem for sure. For CT, it was looking more and more like after that initial band, the lift was all going to be below the DGZ. Needles and columns. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I had the 1" qpf that every model was spitting out in my pack right now.

2 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Why does this always seem to happen to us?

Just ended up not being a good setup for us this time around. If things went 30-40 miles south we'd have fluff up to our knickers and dendrite would be sweeping 3'' of fairy dust off his driveway. We've benefited from it plenty of times, but these nasty subby zones stick out in memory.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I see some reports already in 13-14" range from a couple hours ago in northern fairfield, litchfield and w hfd counties. I bet theres some 16-20 reports.

Looks like extreme SW CT is def going to be the minimum. SE CT doesnt looked like they got porked like they always do with 8-10" reports from 3-4hrs ago. Theyll get a foot.

Itll be interesting to make a map for this one for sure!

What are you up to?