Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I cleared like a 10ft by 10ft area. We’ll see how it goes. It’s probably not as windy as I make it sound (I see CON at 8mph sustained lol), but I want this stacking pristine. 

much windier than that a you can see in my video.  would guess gusts to at least 20, maybe 30.  I can tell because of the sound of my vent fan from the stove.

• Like 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

much windier than that a you can see in my video.  would guess gusts to at least 20, maybe 30.  I can tell because of the sound of my vent fan from the stove.

My anny is dead so I have no wind here for the foreseeable future. But yeah, it’s light wind for awhile and then you get a 20-30mph gust to mix down and roar. Then back to 5mph or less again. 

My sister in Binghamton sent these... brother-in-law measured 36" on the ground (which is crazy if you include settling!).

If you have 36" OTG, likely easily over 40" with any clearing at 6 hours. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e7226eecf16a44d3f6d170e23beb16de.jpg

His big pick-up truck is reduced to a bump.  That's a good sized truck right there that looks like a sedan.

I can't get over that garage roof across the road too.  That's a stack.

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.0fd7f43d6bba2bd41641b4b6b4bdabd6.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, klw said:

Another inch in the past 15-20 minutes.

Nice--we're not as  good as that, but we've picked up enough since I've been up that I'm eager to get dressed for some accurate measurements.  Between October and even the disappointing event a couple weekends ago, the 20-21 season is off to a great start.  Granted it's been downright balmy outside the snow.

12 minutes ago, S&P said:

Portsmouth RI. mixed rain snow, 33.1/32. woke up at 3 and we had flipped to liquid then, eyballing 3-4" total with all the drifting

That may have compacted overnight. I was in the 6-8” range earlier overnight.

Thankful it never really fully changed to rain or sleet here in Bristol. Of course as usual most of the heavy stuff stayed north of here after the first few bands went through.