Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

The dry slot will fill in some. Cloud tops are coolling and there's plenty of goodies over NJ/E PA that will pivot east as the storm slides east.

2-3 inches maybe on the backside? Just seems the models support this convective like junk where we can’t sustain a good period of Snow moving forward. 

Visibility down to a few hundred feet.  Horrible night to be traveling on I-91 I imagine.  
It wasn't bad. My son has his learner's permit. I came home from closing the restaurant tonight and yanked him away from his video games and threw him behind the wheel. Drove all around Greenfield and finished up on 91 to head home.

He did great in some of the heaviest snow he'll ever drive in. Of course, nobody is on there road. ... that's one of the main reasons I felt confident taking him out.

He said it was terrifying and fun at the same time. Yup!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

03z hrrr. 

NYC bust and extreme southern CT bust. Litchfield does well 12-18". Everywhere else in CT outside of extreme southern portions sees 6-12"

In MA there is a snow hole over the very center portion of the state. 8-10" in that area. The berks see 12-18". The BOS metro sees 12-18".

In NH/VT subby zone from ASH to PSM. 8-10" in that area. But most other Southern portions of those states pounded with 12-18" of deform with lollies to 24"

1 minute ago, Professional Lurker said:

It wasn't bad. My son has his learner's permit. I came home from closing the restaurant tonight and yanked him away from his video games and threw him behind the wheel. Drove all around Greenfield and finished up on 91 to head home.

He did great in some of the heaviest snow he'll ever drive in. Of course, nobody is on there road. ... that's one of the main reasons I felt confident taking him out.

He said it was terrifying and fun at the same time. Yup!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

That’s the way to do it...great job!

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

03z hrrr. 

NYC bust and extreme southern CT bust. Litchfield does well 12-18". Everywhere else in CT outside of extreme southern portions sees 6-12"

In MA there is a snow hole over the very center portion of the state. 8-10" in that area. The berks see 12-18". The BOS metro sees 12-18".

In NH/VT subby zone from ASH to PSM. 8-10" in that area. But most other Southern portions of those states pounded with 12-18" of deform with lollies to 24"

is that additional?