Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Phone pic?  Edit it and crop it slightly and I find that works.  Also there is a way to choose the size of the photo you want to upload when using an iPhone or iPad.  Maybe that’ll work.

All you need to do is search image compressor online and it will reduce the quality and then re download the image 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cutting back S of 84?

unless the back end really performs I don't see S CT getting more than 8 inches. Mixing with sleet here already.  (credit the NAM on that)   Granted I'll take that and run any day, but the radar really fell apart in the last 2 hrs.

As the mid level magic shifts toward Albany we're going to get low level stuff off the fire hose 850 jet. You can see the best 700mb frontogenesis forecing up toward Albany and S CT but SNE should see a lot of low level stuff continuing. 850s cool to near -10C for a while so we'll still get snow growth - just not dendrites. 

Will pile up eventually but sort of an ugly look on radar for a bit I think especially south.

hrrr-conus-ne-precip_1hr_inch-8195600.png

hrrr-conus-ne-uv850_mslp-8195600.png

hrrr-conus-ne-z700_speed-8195600.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I lived in Cambridgeport (Pearl Street) in  the 1975-76 winter.  Right down the street from TT the Bears Place.   Photodocumented a nice event in March of 1976.  Slides though and it would be time consuming to scan and digitize.

I go by there everyday. Old guy that shovels snow there and the Middle East wears a heavy coat, gloves, hat and shorts. 

• Like 2