Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

2 minutes ago, 203whiteout said:

Starting to crank here down coastal SW CT. Everything is covered. Wind driven snow. 23 degrees.

Man I wish I knew I was guaranteed snow.  I think the OES component and the commahead of the storm could prolong the snow through noon on Friday here on the Cape.  Models continuously showed this potential.  HRRR snows through the 18 hours on the 22z run with a large portion of the storm still overhead.

Just now, weathafella said:

Maybe I’ll sleep 10-3...

Yeah this will actually take a bit of strategy lol...

For our area, I'm thinking best rates from WCB portion will be 1-5am... also will be fun to nowcast the CF flirting with the Boston metro for several hours, should see some enhancement north of that

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Man I wish I knew I was guaranteed snow.  I think the OES component and the commahead of the storm could prolong the snow through noon on Friday here on the Cape.  Models continuously showed this potential.  HRRR snows through the 18 hours on the 22z run with a large portion of the storm still overhead.

Well you said you dont think you’re going to change over, so I guess that’s somewhat of a guarantee...?  A Jimmy guarantee.

• Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Man we need ACKWAVES back here.  I need an actual human observation from ACK.  While the ASOS station says humidity near 60 percent, the radar says it should be snowing all the way to the surface!

Kmvy is reporting light snow currently..Kack awos hasn't picked it up yet 

41 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I lucked out this storm. I’m far enough west where I think the mix line should stay south of me. W CT usually fairs the best in these situations where the low passes this close. I know the cape may mix east of of the canal for sure but you guys can make it all up with OES or the back end and a nice front end thump. Looks like a nice band incoming for me, hopefully it holds together through Bridgeport. Good luck!

Just now, 203whiteout said:

I lucked out this storm. I’m far enough west where I think the mix line should stay south of me. W CT usually fairs the best in these situations where the low passes this close. I know the cape may mix east of of the canal for sure but you guys can make it all up with OES or the back end and a nice front end thump. Looks like a nice band incoming for me, hopefully it holds together through Bridgeport. Good luck!

Its snowing at Block Island now at 28F, the temp dropped almost six degrees in the last two hours once the Precipitation started to fall.  This is called evaporative cooling or wet-bulbing.  This might pull the temp down initially enough to offset any potential warming.  Also, MVY is snowing now, it is more like flurries.

• Like 1