• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

This is a true arctic airmass overhead right now.  Dew point is at 15F this morning.  Ocean induced clouds are forming in the northerly surface winds.  Again, winds are light to calm at times, but still out of the north.  I find it really hard for the winds to turn easterly and scour out this deep dry and cold arctic air.  Winds would have to turn out of the east-southeast or southeast or south for their to be appreciable warming.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

This is a true arctic airmass overhead right now.  Dew point is at 15F this morning.  Ocean induced clouds are forming in the northerly surface winds.  Again, winds are light to calm at times, but still out of the north.  I find it really hard for the winds to turn easterly and scour out this deep dry and cold arctic air.  Winds would have to turn out of the east-southeast or southeast or south for their to be appreciable warming.

It always happens though..and quite fast most times out there. 

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

It does not happen all the time, but I understand your statement.  Our coastal is now taking over at 1010mb just south of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina

Well not when the storm takes an optimal track for you guys, but when it doesn’t-like its doing this time, we’ll you know what happens. 

My point was that you don’t think the warm air will scour out the cold, but it does in many cases, such as this one. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Well not when the storm takes an optimal track for you guys, but when it doesn’t-like its doing this time, we’ll you know what happens. 

My point was that you don’t think the warm air will scour out the cold, but it does in many cases, such as this one. 

Not with a northerly component to the wind

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yes, hard to find fault with that. Starting to blow up in Jersey too.

Heavy snow now here in Haddon Height, NJ- 4 miles east of PHL.  Enjoying it as a quick transition looms (probably).  Living the large totals your forum will experience vicariously. Enjoy and send more our way next time! 

• Like 2