Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16/17 Snow Wall Obs Thread

hazwoper

15 minutes ago, RedSky said:

How can you be pleased with a storm that spit out only half the expected Qpf of every model on the planet? If I was younger I would be doing the Clark Griswold rant but I tired.

I was disappointed. I don’t think I even got as much as the Philly airport. But on the bright side, it was already better than anything I got last winter.

• Like 3

Holding at 22.6°F for the past hour. Initially I am dissapoint with the precip results, but upon further reflection, this has turned out to be a really good little event for this early in the year. Sure, I would have liked for the forecasted 2' of snow to have materialized, but I'll take my 4-6", grass-hiding, sleet-topped, La Nina anomaly, especially in our climate. So, somewhat bummed, but also somewhat thankful. Looking forward to taking pictures of my new house covered in snow tomorrow. Also, no way in heck I'm driving to work in southern NJ tomorrow at 4 in the morning, so that's also a plus. I'll take any kind of snow day I can. :)

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Warm punch was modeled on the NAM since Sunday actually. Most of us shrugged it off as the NAM at range but it led the way....again.

No model was great with this system including the NAM while it had the warm air at 850mb it totally missed the front end thump....hence why no one model is a forecast

Some wild dynamics going on.  Looks like the warm nose has pushed back to the west, I guess as the low approaches from the S.  At one point, the rain line had moved up over 3/4 of the city....  Eventually as the low moves to the NE, the bands should pivot back to the east again.

Currently back to all SN, blowing and drifting, and 26 (26.2) with dp 26 (25.7).

radar35-12162020.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Some wild dynamics going on.  Looks like the warm nose has pushed back to the west, I guess as the low approaches from the S.  At one point, the rain line had moved up over 3/4 of the city....  Eventually as the low moves to the NE, the bands should pivot back to the east again.

Currently back to all SN, blowing and drifting, and 26 (26.2) with dp 26 (25.7).

radar35-12162020.png

All snow here but not the big flakes like earlier, more fine and blowing. Temp dipped to 24F. I wish my township wasn't so damn productive...plowed my street 3 times in 4 hours. Let it whiten!

Heavy Sleet and some snow mixing in here in NW Chesco with the temp down to 25.3 with over 7" of snow and sleet so far....while down the shore in Sea Isle City not a flake of snow so far today with a current temp of 49.0 with our street in SIC flooded but 1.58" of rain so far with a high wind gust of 46mph

Backyard.20201216_233729359.jpg

SICHi.20201216_233713470.jpg