Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Snow Wall Obs Thread

hazwoper

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Same here....totally agree.

He wants this outta here ASAP and it just started....maybe retire Glenn? No winter outlook forecast either?

Yeah I mean, sure there's a dry slot in VA but he's overfocusing on that, meanwhile PHL has reported SN+ for about the last 2 hours and he's just "meh" about it. Yeah, I guess after 30 years or so on air in one spot, you get bored? 

Man I just drove from Hopewell to Hamilton nj to pick up my girlfriend from work. Just arrived and it is ripping! Easy inch an hour rates. Roads completely caved including 295/195. Going to be a fun ride home! Overall that giant heavy band looks to mean business and mix line is still down in delaware/s nj. Could be a fun 2-4 next hours.

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Man I just drove from Hopewell to Hamilton nj to pick up my girlfriend from work. Just arrived and it is ripping! Easy inch an hour rates. Roads completely caved including 295/195. Going to be a fun ride home! Overall that giant heavy band looks to mean business and mix line is still down in delaware/s nj. Could be a fun 2-4 next hours.

Mix is in Avondale Chichester and kissin Philly

5 minutes ago, weathernut85 said:

Yeah I mean, sure there's a dry slot in VA but he's overfocusing on that, meanwhile PHL has reported SN+ for about the last 2 hours and he's just "meh" about it. Yeah, I guess after 30 years or so on air in one spot, you get bored? 

Old, working from home....he's probably losing interest at this point.

I'm getting smacked up here, heavy snow 25F for many more hours from what I see.

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

He was like, "it's a wrap, it's over"....

I can only imagine that the kid meteorologists know better than to rely on local news forecasts for learning about meteorology, but growing up in Philly in the 90s, Glenn actually used to care to teach people, and he's missing out on a chance right now to talk about SN+, especially considering its been 650 whatever days since this has been sensible weather.

AND we're less than 10 days out from Christmas and he's acting like this? Bah humbug ahahah. :grinch: 

55 minutes ago, rcostell said:

5 miles east of cc Philadelphia in Camden County NJ. 30 degrees, borderline heavy, transitioned to huge aggregates, wind dropped a bit. 2 inches down. Peaceful. Sleet line is close. 

Update: Sleet snow mix in Haddon Heights NJ. Up to 4+ inches - huge flakes and rates did some quick damage. We keep fighting off the sleet 4 miles from the Delaware.