Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

wdrag

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Light to moderate snow continues in Brooklyn.

Biggest snowstorm in Brooklyn since March 2018

This "last" band of snow has been going for hours now. It weakens, then builds back time to time, but its not really pulling away since before sunrise. 

1 minute ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

From what I've been reading here, that was the magic number needed to get to the 30" average for 1991-2020, correct?

If someone told me in Dec 2000,  we'll have the 30 year average up to 30" by 2020, I wouldn't have taken that bet.

11.3 I think.  I doubt they got that but they would only need a small amount before the end of the month now to do it  

6 hours ago, jysamuel said:

Found the jackpot - once in a lifetime event going on in Upstate NY --> southern NE :blink:

Makes us look like plebeians worrying over inches while they're measuring in 2-foot increments lol 

A Binghamton to Albany jackpot will almost never be an all snow event at the coast. Lesson learned trust instincts not models, it’s a miracle due to the high in place the area saw barely any rain but the mid levels torched all the way to Southern Orange County. 

21 minutes ago, patrick05 said:

There's at least a good 3" of fresh snow that fell this morning on top of the compacted snow that fell last night (round 1).. we sleeted/rained pretty good for a few hours.. i'm gonna say between 6"-7" as the total here. Not too shabby

Anyone have the radar loop since 10pm yesterday? 12 hour loop? Curious if western LI ever rained? Feel asleep here at 1130 with pouring sleet

3 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

A Binghamton to Albany jackpot will almost never be an all snow event at the coast. Lesson learned trust instincts not models, it’s a miracle due to the high in place the area saw barely any rain but the mid levels torched all the way to Southern Orange County. 

This would probably be the only snow event other than March 1993 where Albany and Binghamton saw over 2 feet and NYC reported double digits as well 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Anyone have the radar loop since 10pm yesterday? 12 hour loop? Curious if western LI ever rained? Feel asleep here at 1130 with pouring sleet

You can use this and click the number of images on the bottom left of the page... 200 images should get you the entire loop

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=OKX-N0Q-0-24-100-usa-rad

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

Estimated final snowfall total 8.0" 

Current temp 25

Actually was more than I thought and I had some 2 foot drifts to blast through this morning near the front gate and car over here in Colonia. I was really surprised how much fell after it flipped back last night. Even had the minivan stuck for a bit. Best snow blower I tried this morning? The little electric toro, blasted through 12 in drifts like nothing.