Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16-17, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

wdrag

1 minute ago, Snowlover11 said:

meh should of would of could of, im not too sold on a curl around.  looks to be 6-7” total here in yonkers.

We got slotted. I didn’t expect a jackpot but I thought we’d top 10 inches. I got 7 and snow-growth has been crap since 10 PM.  Meh.  

Once you get slotted like this it’s takes forever for the column to re saturate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

We got slotted. I didn’t expect a jackpot but I thought we’d top 10 inches. I got 7 and snow-growth has been crap since 10 PM.  Meh.  

Once you get slotted like this it’s takes forever for the column to re saturate. 

Yea might get another burst before it wraps up but not counting  on it 

3 minutes ago, rickymortyx said:

and the weather service has some explaining to do tomorrow AM when peopel wake up

The supermarkets were packed yesterday because the media was hyping this once again by saying a major snowstorm is on the way for NYC. 

The mayor even closed the  schools lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickymortyx said:

and the weather service has some explaining to do tomorrow AM when peopel wake up

The models all had it right. The mets just stuck to their guns like usual. I'll never forget March '17 when they called for 24-36 inches all the way through when it was painfully obvious that sleet would take over early. 

29 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Still snowing in Brooklyn Heights.  Yeah it could have been more, but warning-criteria snows have been few and far between over the past decade and this is more than I saw all winter last year, so I’m grateful for it.  Hopefully there’s more to come!

Few and far between the last decade?

I count 15, and this one will make 16 since 2010. That's not bad for any major city. I think I even missed a few.

image.png.9519b4d451e3626b69753891199e047c.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

The models all had it right. The mets just stuck to their guns like usual. I'll never forget March '17 when they called for 24-36 inches all the way through when it was painfully obvious that sleet would take over early. 

Pivotal maps were right 

Wxbell maps were wrong

10:1 ratio maps once again sucks

12 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

The supermarkets were packed yesterday because the media was hyping this once again by saying a major snowstorm is on the way for NYC. 

The mayor even closed the  schools lol

Were they wearing masks like the media and their betters wants them to?  ;)

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Pivotal maps were right 

Wxbell maps were wrong

10:1 ratio maps once again sucks

When I saw the warm nose in the soundings late yesterday, I figured this was going to happen. I think I mentioned it to you. The models always underestimate mid-level warming and how far north it goes with the LLJ punching in. The mid-level low’s positions aren’t  exactly stellar either. The CAD has definitely been impressive though

6 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Absolutely pouring sleet

Just made it to my hood.  I’ll hang around and see if anything goes over to snow again.  Good news is the pack will be here for awhile and won’t compress much further.  There is a silver lining.

#supportthepack