Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

wdrag

Just now, wdrag said:

This is going to be realll interesting if sleet pounds the MJO 6". Will be curious as to their midnight CLI total.  

I’ve been told Upton in the case of a ptype change usually has them measure out of time to ensure the correct measurement.  We’ve seen cases however where they don’t do it or they get it badly wrong  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8 pm, we have 5.0" OTG which is 1.5" the last hour - that's pretty heavy snow. Pounding here now. Still 25F. Very heavy band on our doorstep. 

As of 9 pm we have 5.75" OTG - slowed down a bit the last 30 min with the radar break; hoping it picks back up soon.  Pretty happy so far.  Would love to get to 10".  26F now.  

Just now, NJsnow89 said:

Hopefully it’s right

It does seem that the radar will fill out NYC and East first before precip swings into north and central NJ to fill in the dry slot. Depending on how much sleet there is in NYC area East they might surprise some folks with higher totals than expected. 

3 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

is this possible that the HRRR has 5 or more inches left?

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

I need to look at this, including T sections,.  Should have confidence on NYC leftovers...  even if they don't record 8" NYC or southern LI and Monmouth County coast have big icing problems ahead, when the temp crashes to 25F in a 30-60 minute period with possible wind shift from NE to N around 5 or 6AM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Wantage NJ 8 s of High Point NJ. Here we're at 740'MSL  845 PM 5.3" Blowing and drifting. small to moderately sized flakes, densely filling the air. 18F Next report around 4am I hope. Cleaned my deck and large spot in the driveway to remeasure at 4A. Took at least a dozen measurements to come up with this answer. 

On-line til ~10P.  

You're spot on with my measurement as of 8:45pm. Heavy snow at the moment.  18.9°

• Like 1