• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

wdrag

So what's the deal with that double like line in the wedge.

The western side almost parallel with Long island but it looks like there's like a wedge there that's crazy I mean I get it I understand the wind Dynamics but is that something else.

Hopefully the f****** line slows down for you guys.

I won't lie a part of me is jealous and I want you to get screwed but a bigger part of me is hopefully you guys get the snow you want because we all know how crappy it is to get screwed by sleep and rain.

unlike living up in Vermont and New Hampshire and freaking Worcester Massachusetts which is like the snow capital of America.

Yeah you know who I'm talkin about I got mad respect for you I know this ain't your forum but damn you always win DARTH VADER!

ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY ON THE ISLAND

Screenshot_20201216-182413.png

All models projected the sleet line to be close or over the metro area. Do you all really think it’s just going to stay comfortably away towards philly? It will get dangerously close but if lucky it will stay just to the south of a lot of the metro area. So far it’s pushing through PA but it’s having a tough time advancing through NJ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

I'm outside.  My fingers are frozen.   And it's not light snow.  Just peek at a radar.  

Looks like 1/2 mile and moderate snow

Need 1/4 for heavy snow

KISP 170021Z 05017G27KT 1/2SM R06/6000VP6000FT SN FZFG FEW005 BKN009 OVC015 M02/M02 A3012 RMK AO2 PK WND 04027/0018 P0001 T10171022

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jfklganyc said:

Looks like 1/2 mile and moderate snow

Need 1/4 for heavy snow

KISP 170021Z 05017G27KT 1/2SM R06/6000VP6000FT SN FZFG FEW005 BKN009 OVC015 M02/M02 A3012 RMK AO2 PK WND 04027/0018 P0001 T10171022

That's fine.   It's beautiful out there

Screenshot_20201216-192837_RadarScope.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

All models projected the sleet line to be close or over the metro area. Do you all really think it’s just going to stay comfortably away towards philly? It will get dangerously close but if lucky it will stay just to the south of a lot of the metro area. So far it’s pushing through PA but it’s having a tough time advancing through NJ

According to reports its well into CNJ ( Hillsborough )

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

That's because my boy forkyfork is in Jersey holding the sleet progression off!!

:)

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

According to reports its well into CNJ ( Hillsborough )

You can see it quite well on CC. There looks like a warm younger extending from east PA and into Jersey.  Could wash away eventually.  But the sleet risk is there until the north movement stops and it starts turning east, bringing in a more northerly flow.