Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

wdrag

Just now, jm1220 said:

Apparently-dry air was fast to head into PA which often happens. Models have even been hinting at the sleet racing north into PA today before here probably due to the lack of precip and lift holding the warm air back. 

I think the high is actually just a bit too far east. The CAD (at all levels) is favoring the NE portions of our viewing area.

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

If the Euro is right and the sleet doesn't make it to NYC , we should see at least a foot of snow.

It shows a few more inches tomorrow in the area.

there could also be a change, but it could be brief, like an hour or two-then the storms gets east of one's latitude and winds become more northerly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Just got in from a wonderful Jebwalk with my wife, our son and his girlfriend.  As of 6 pm we have 2.25" OTG (was only about 1" at 5 pm, so it's coming down) and it's 25/23F.  Heavy snow right now with 1/4 mile visibiilty.  Gorgeous out there - don't forget to get out in this stuff - snow angel time soon, lol.  

As of 7 pm, we have 3.75" OTG which is 1.5" the last hour - that's pretty heavy snow.  Pounding here now.  Still 25F.  Very heavy band on our doorstep.  

• Like 1

I'm quite a bit younger than most on this board, and today was the first time I drove in snowy conditions...in a stick shift...it was certainly exciting! Coming home from work around 6:30 it was absolutely ripping here in northwest Bergen County, it really started adding up quickly after about 5:45. Currently eyeballing about 2 inches if I had to guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

I guess you don't look at the models and what's happening now.

Sleet is not far away my man. The models ALWAYS overdue snow totals on those clown maps. Plus, just look at the Kocin book. THis was always an interior storm on every level of the atmosphere.