Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Man its ripping here . Reminds me of the feb 10th 2010  when the ull energy crossed over WV and radar blew up . Good wind with that one . This will obviously be just like a 3 hour part 2 of today but on a small scale similar. 

At least 3 inches new snow . 

That was the pinnacle of my snow weenie life.  We already had 25" OTG going into that one and ended up with close to 30" in that storm.  It had everything...the first part was a crazy thump of 12" heavy wet snow in 4 hours then part 2 was hours and hours of true blizzard conditions...I remember walking around town..drifts up to roofs just marveling at a sight you never see outside alpine resorts usually.  I mean I've experienced that when I was in blizzards at Steamboat Springs, Revelstoke, and Jackson Hole...but never that combo of snow depth and blizzard conditions where I live.  Probably never will again.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Man its ripping here . Reminds me of the feb 10th 2010  when the ull energy crossed over WV and radar blew up . Good wind with that one . This will obviously be just like a 3 hour part 2 of today but on a small scale similar. 

Just starting to see the affects here of that band you're in now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Just starting to see the affects here of that band you're in now. 

Damn thanks for the heads up...just went out and its really coming down...huge flakes.  My flood lights are out so I can't really tell without opening the garage and turning on the light over there.  The flood light wasn't really in a great spot anyways...I need to figure something out.  

Damn thanks for the heads up...just went out and its really coming down...huge flakes.  My flood lights are out so I can't really tell without opening the garage and turning on the light over there.  The flood light wasn't really in a great spot anyways...I need to figure something out.  

Getting destroyed just north of you in southern York county. Heavy snow and 30-40 mph winds.
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That was the pinnacle of my snow weenie life.  We already had 25" OTG going into that one and ended up with close to 30" in that storm.  It had everything...the first part was a crazy thump of 12" heavy wet snow in 4 hours then part 2 was hours and hours of true blizzard conditions...I remember walking around town..drifts up to roofs just marveling at a sight you never see outside alpine resorts usually.  I mean I've experienced that when I was in blizzards at Steamboat Springs, Revelstoke, and Jackson Hole...but never that combo of snow depth and blizzard conditions where I live.  Probably never will again.  

16 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My favorite storm.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We're definitely over 10 now for the storm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yeah I remember that storm even down in Dale City VA, the radar just exploded, got windy and lots of snow, snow blowin all over. It got snow all over my shoveled driveway and walk, I was forced to do it all over again lmao!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic